Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
andymar
andymar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
help with converting

Hi there, need some help apologize if this is been ask before , am that tech minded.

My son has special needs loves reading, he got himself a Amazon fire, I tried many things online to convert books to read on it.

Have kindle 1.24 on pc , what books in saved folder I can read them there.

Gone from trying this Epubor, I put in plugin and tried convert to either moby or epub, but after it done try putting on the tablet, just keep getting warning invalid item, but from what people say it should show up as encrypted but nothing,

So could someone help me with this please, appreciate any help
andymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymar View Post
Hi there, need some help apologize if this is been ask before , am that tech minded.

My son has special needs loves reading, he got himself a Amazon fire, I tried many things online to convert books to read on it.

Have kindle 1.24 on pc , what books in saved folder I can read them there.

Gone from trying this Epubor, I put in plugin and tried convert to either moby or epub, but after it done try putting on the tablet, just keep getting warning invalid item, but from what people say it should show up as encrypted but nothing,

So could someone help me with this please, appreciate any help
You do no need to convert. Make sure the Fire is registered to the account where the books are purchased. Then just sync them to the Fire.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-17-2020 at 03:06 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
andymar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You do no need to convert. Make sure the Fire is registered to the account where the books are purchased. Then just sync them to the Fire.
It books that I have got from online not purchase, I no they work it other
Old 01-17-2020, 04:44 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2, Paperwhite 2019
Quote:
It books that I have got from online not purchase, I no they work it other
Online but not purchased?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #5
andymar

I download
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2, Paperwhite 2019
Quote:
I download
It's likely you won't get much help here, as it seems you're unwilling to say where you download your books from. Your posts are vague, and somewhat difficult to understand.

Mobile Read users aren't keen on helping people with book piracy. If that's not what you're doing, give some understandable details.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:47 PM   #7
andymar

Sorry just got from a friend was trying convert to mobile and epub from fkx DRM azw can't get them to work, if am wrong on asking I just seen about information about kfx files thought to ask sorry
Old 01-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #8
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Sorry just got from a friend was trying convert to mobile and epub from fkx DRM azw can't get them to work, if am wrong on asking I just seen about information about kfx files thought to ask sorry
If your friend sent you a book file with DRM, then there's no way you can convert it. The DRM must be removed by the person who purchased the book.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:22 AM   #9
andymar

ok thanks for that, sorry for the misunderstanding
Old 01-18-2020, 07:30 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For your son, buy eBooks using the Amazon account that the Fire is registered to. Then you can download them to the Fire for him to read. No need to convert and they are legal eBooks.

Also, if you are in the USA and have access to a library that has Overdrive, you can borrow Kindle eBooks.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #11
andymar

Thanks for that, he sorted the ones he want from Amazon , the ones he was given did not work, but he happy now , thanks again
Old 01-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks for that, he sorted the ones he want from Amazon , the ones he was given did not work, but he happy now , thanks again
Happy to help.