Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #1
d351r3d
Enthusiast
d351r3d began at the beginning.

Device: none
Memory leak?

I there like a huge memory leak. I get that I have a pentium on a laptop but dude this is insane. Libre office doesn't use the memory that Sigil uses.

d351r3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yes. There are likely tons of leaks in the older version of Sigil you're using on that pentium. What version of Sigil does your distro serve up?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-16-2020 at 09:32 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2020, 09:32 PM   #3
d351r3d
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yes. There are likely tons of leaks in the older version of Sigil you're using on that pentium.
I'm using Sigil 0.9.9
Old 01-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We can't go back in time and fix the leaks in your version, unfortunately. There's been almost 10 new releases since 0.9.9.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #5
d351r3d
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
We can't go back in time and fix the leaks in your version, unfortunately. There's been almost 10 new releases since 0.9.9.
Wow really? I was on Manjaro and I switched to Xubuntu which is better for regular stuff. Different formats for making stuff work. I'll check out the new version since making things is simpler in Ubuntu.

Last edited by d351r3d; 01-16-2020 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Advert
Old 01-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Be advised that Sigil's switch from QtWebKit to QtWebEngine means that any version of Qt older than about Qt5.11 won't be able to utilize all of Sigil's features. Though it should be theoretically possible to build Sigil with Qt5.9.5+ on Linux.