Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 05:01 PM   #1
Patrickle
Patrickle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
KO Reader Crashing on Kobo Touch

Hello everyone,

I recently added to an older version of Kobo Touch the latest versions of KO Reader and Plato (both at the same time), and pbChess, all from the latest version. The pbChess stopped the KO Reader and Plato from working as it was fmon and the former two were kfmon. No surprise there.

Then I installed KSM onto my kobo. Now, the pbchess and Plato work, but KO Reader keeps on crashing when started with a picture of a bomb. Beneath the bomb, it reads:

FB: xres_virtual 608
FB: yres 800
FB: yres_virtual 1792
FB: bpp 8
01/09/20-23: 23:52 INFO initializing for device Kobo_trilogy
01/09/20-23: 23:52 INFO framebuffer resolution: {
["h"] = 800,
["w"] = 600
}
[ko-input] Forked off fake event generator {pid:1758}
ffi:load: libs/lbibmupdf.so
ffi:load: libs/libbwrap-mupdf.so
ffi:load: libs/libfreetype.so.6
./luajut: frontend/fontlist.lua.63: attempt to call field "isKindle" {a nil value}
stack traceback
frontend/fontlist.lua:63: in function 'isInFontsBlacklist'
frontend/fontlist.lua:87: in function '_readlist'
frontend/fontlist.lua:81: in function '_readlist'
frontend/fontlist.lua:98: in function 'getFontList'
frontend/fontlist.lua:247: in function 'getFace'
./tools/kobo_touch_probe.lua.76 in function 'init'
frontend/ui/widget/widget.lua:48 in function 'new'
frontend/devbice/kobo/device.lua:375 in function 'touchScreeProb'
./reader.lua 141: in main chunk
[C] at 0x000140c1

I would provide a picture of the crash screen, but the forum can't process my picture right now. Thanks to all of you for reading this!
Patrickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Yup, that specific issue, which affects Kobo Touch only, was fixed a couple of weeks ago. https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5717

You need to install a newer nightly from http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ or wait for the next 2020.01 stable.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
Patrickle

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Will I still have to change the reader.lua on the new ko Reader version?
Old 01-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No, that's the whole point of switching to a nightly .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:02 PM   #5
Patrickle

I tried putting an nightly on, and now when I try to turn it on from the KSM, the screen refreshes (seemingly trying to start KO Reader) but remains on the KSM...
Advert

Tags
crash, kobo touch, koreader