Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
valdis_vesik
valdis_vesik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 / KINDLE2
Exclamation HELP Metadata plugboard not working

I've been using Calibre for my Kindle for some time and have been very happy with it. I've been a little out of touch with reading lately, so gave my Kindle (Paperwhite 3, 2015) a factory reset to clean up all the build up of books I'd never read.

Stuffed everything into Calibre, named all my series and numbers in the series and all that. Then I put in "{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] }{title}" so I could order all my series and such and so they would show up in the correct order on my Kindle, like they used to be.

And then it didn't work?! AT ALL. I've made it for both mobi and azw, with the same source template, but it doesn't work and it's driving me mad.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Calibre, multiple factory resets, re-uploaded my books to Calibre. I feel like I've tried it all, even putting in a different template.

Please help me figure this out, I'm losing it and I just really want my Kindle to be nice and organized.
Thank you in advance!
valdis_vesik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
kevinsky
kevinsky began at the beginning.

Device: android phone
I had the same issue with my Kobo and Calibre, Used to work and then after an update it did not. I recreated the metadata plugboard only this time I applied it to all devices instead of just the Kobo. Then refreshed the metadata and back to the expected behaviour.
Might work for you
kevinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, kindle, metadata plugboard, plugboard