Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
NSILMike
Fanatic
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Fire 7
Wired Magazine

For the past couple of days or so, the recipe downloads only links to the articles.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...cefe569acc36bc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
NSILMike
Fanatic
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Still fails.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works fine for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wired.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	174711  
Old 11-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #5
NSILMike
Fanatic

Not for me. I'm using the posted recipe without any modifications, and it downloads links only. Total download is 0.1MB as of a few moments ago.
Advert
Old 11-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
NSILMike
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Not for me. I'm using the posted recipe without any modifications, and it downloads links only. Total download is 0.1MB as of a few moments ago.
And now several additional recipes are doing the same thing. NY Time Tech Beat, Boston Globe Subscription, LifeHacker, Engadget to name a few.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:17 PM   #7
NSILMike
Fanatic

No fixes...?
Old 12-19-2019, 12:52 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Cant fix what isn't broken for me.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #9
NSILMike
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Cant fix what isn't broken for me.
So how can that be right? I'm up to date on Calibre, using the standard unmodified recipe. But as I mentioned all I get is links in the download. What else could be broken?
Old 12-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I dont know I dont have a crystal ball, all I can tell you is that the builtin recipe works fine for me.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:48 PM   #11
NSILMike
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I dont know I dont have a crystal ball, all I can tell you is that the builtin recipe works fine for me.
Meaning you get full articles and not just links? what could be different in my setup than yours and/or how do I fix this? I'm on Calibre 4.7, and windows 10.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
NSILMike
Fanatic

And now more and more recipes fail. They download but if you open them you get either links to the article or you get failed feed notices. I'm on windows 10, and Calibre is up to date. These are the standard recipes, without any customization.

Last edited by NSILMike; 01-17-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #13
NSILMike
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
And now several additional recipes are doing the same thing. NY Time Tech Beat, Boston Globe Subscription, LifeHacker, Engadget to name a few.
None of these are fixed, and now more are failing (either failed feeds or just providing links for each article.) I'm beginning to think this app is abandoned. That would be very disappointing if so.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #14
pacha2
pacha2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I am using some of these and they work for me.
I would check the job log and investigate the issues you face.
pacha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #15
NSILMike
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacha2 View Post
I am using some of these and they work for me.
I would check the job log and investigate the issues you face.
Done multiple times. The recipe author has to fix these issues, which have been published more that once. And I don't understand why they would work for some folks and not for others. I'm using the std recipes, unaltered.