Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 05:13 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
As I said earlier, I am one of those who use a bigger than average font size at times, and even on my Kobo with hyphenation enabled I end up with large spaces between words sometimes. I've attached a photo for reference.

Shari

Edited to add a second image--a screenshot of a Kindle KFX book.
There is a problem with Kobo and hyphenation. The problem is that the English hyphenation dictionary has the settings set for too big. It doesn't work well.

However, I've solved the problem. It requires installing a different hyphenation dictionary that works much better. Installing this replacement hyphenation dictionary is trivial.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #77
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
I realize this is an old thread, but I just mention that I'm one of those who don't care about hyphenation at all. I've disabled it in the epubs I load on my Nook and Kobo. And the text is always justified, as I can't stand the ragged right either. I don't use the justification option on my devices, because that messes up the images and sometimes even the headlines. The justification is inserted in the css.

As to using kfx on a Kindle, no way. Aside from the hyphenation issue, the kfx format wouldn't work with the FONT_RAMP hack (custom font sizes), which is indispensable to me.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert