Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-18-2020, 10:41 AM   #31
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched-100% kepubs); Calibre 4 (Win10)
I just tried again - this time with Great Expectations - and the problem is gone, the two versions are identical.

So the issue regards just Standard Ebook's David Copperfield and my Kobo for some reason.

Like I said, enabling/disabling 'Hyphenate files' and 'Clean up ePub markup' options in KoboTouchExtended produce no differences in the conversion of David Copperfield to kepub.

-EDIT-
Davidfor, how do you take screenshots from the Kobo?

Last edited by jxall; 01-18-2020 at 10:53 AM.
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
I get why KePub is a filetype plugin. But KF8 should also be a filetype plugin given that only Kindles or Kindle apps can handle it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2020, 12:04 PM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(RIP), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I get why KePub is a filetype plugin. But KF8 should also be a filetype plugin given that only Kindles or Kindle apps can handle it.
Jon ??
I am looking a Preferences: Plugins: File Type plugins. I have 7 entries and none are KePub (related)
OTOH

I see both AZW3 and KePub in the Conversion output plugins section

So you might see how I am confused here?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:17 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Jon ??
I am looking a Preferences: Plugins: File Type plugins. I have 7 entries and none are KePub (related)
OTOH

I see both AZW3 and KePub in the Conversion output plugins section

So you might see how I am confused here?
Calibre supports KF8 out of the box and yet KePub has to be added in. Both should ether be supported out of the box or both have to be added in.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:51 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post
I just tried again - this time with Great Expectations - and the problem is gone, the two versions are identical.

So the issue regards just Standard Ebook's David Copperfield and my Kobo for some reason.

Like I said, enabling/disabling 'Hyphenate files' and 'Clean up ePub markup' options in KoboTouchExtended produce no differences in the conversion of David Copperfield to kepub.

-EDIT-
Even though ePub has Kerning and KePub from SE, it won't always make a difference. But it does in the 1850 Preface. as without Kerning, the header splits into two lines.
Advert
Old 01-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post

Can I say something? Stop worrying about this. Pick a version and use it. The differences between them are pretty small. You will actually get more difference by changing the font size by one step. They probably already look nothing like any of the paper versions. Pick a version and use that. Calibre can convert to the others. Or, pick all of them and add them to calibre to do the sending.
Quote:
-EDIT-
Add to the following to the "Kobo eReader.conf" file on the device:

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
If you already have a "FeatureSettings" section, add the other line there. If you are using Windows, make sure you use a Unix aware line-end editor (I recommend Notepad++).

To take a screenshot, press the power button. Unfortunately, the power button will no longer work to put the device to sleep or wake it. That's OK if you have a sleep cover. If not, you will want to remove the option, or change it to "false", later.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:42 AM   #37
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched-100% kepubs); Calibre 4 (Win10)
Yes, I figured that I will do that. Original kepub files are a rarity anyway.

Thanks for screenshot instructions!
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote