Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-22-2020, 04:01 AM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Remove unneeded Save Templates

Hi.

Is there any way I can either remove templates for saving books to disk or replace them with different ones I do need?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Saving books to disk.png
Views:	45
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	176588  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:42 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't find a way in the GUI, I found mine in the gui.py.json configuration file:

Code:
  "save_to_disk_template_history": [
    "{authors} - {title}", 
    "{author_sort} - {title} - {:'format_date (raw_field ('pubdate'),'yyyy-MM-dd')'}", 
    "{author_sort} - {title} - {:'format_date (raw_field ('pubdate'),'yyyy-MM-dd')'|- |}", 
    "{author_sort} - {title}- {:'format_date (raw_field ('pubdate'),'yyyy-MM-dd')'|. |}", 
    "{title}. {author_sort}. {:'format_date (raw_field ('pubdate'),'yyyy')'|. |}", 
    "{title}.{author_sort}.{:'format_date (raw_field ('pubdate'),'yyyy')'|. |}", 
    "{author_sort}. {title}{:'format_date (raw_field ('pubdate'),'yyyy')'|. |}", 
    "{authors} {series:| - [|} {series_index:||]} {title:| - |}", 
    "/{author_sort}/{title}/{title}", 
    "{author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}"
  ],
Usual caution when editing config files, close calibre, take a copy of the file before editing.

@Kovid - in Dark mode the top edit box in the Template Editor dialogue is black on black.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:49 AM   #3
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks so much, it worked great. I can't figure out if they are sorted after which one has been used most? If not, would that be possible?
Old 01-22-2020, 05:30 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anything is possible, but it would mean maintaining usage counts and finding someone who would want to write the consequent code - non trivial. I suspect the original design intent was set-and-forget.

When you open the list it should land on the last used.

FWIW: Job Spy has some Per Library Tweaks for Save to Disk.

BR
Old 01-22-2020, 05:33 AM   #5
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Anything is possible, but it would mean maintaining usage counts and finding someone who would want to write the consequent code - non trivial. I suspect the original design intent was set-and-forget.

When you open the list it should land on the last used.

FWIW: Job Spy has some Per Library Tweaks for Save to Disk.

BR
Ah , then it's much easier to edit in the .json file.

I already use the JS+ to Tweak the settings but sometimes I need to use another one than I've set.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:54 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator

I don't use StD as much now, but I used to wish the StD drop down had a couple of extra options -- with selected template and with temporary template.

BR
Old 01-22-2020, 06:11 AM   #7
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Do you know if it is possible to combine these two StD templates, and if so how?

{#fandoms:re(:, )}/{#story_id}/{#story_id}
{#fandoms:re(§,&)}/{#story_id}/{#story_id}

I've tried several combinations without any luck.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:39 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator

I've no idea, what does the sequence '§,&' do in a regex.

But more importantly, what are you trying to achieve?

BR
Old 01-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #9
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I'm trying to combine those two. I want to save to disk where : will be deleted and § changed to a &

The first one to get rid of underscores, the second because I use a different save to disk template on a different library where it automatically uses & instead of §.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I can't test it at the moment, but the following should work:

Code:
{:'re(re(field("#fandoms"),":"," "),"§","&")'}/{#story_id}/{#story_id}
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:18 AM   #11
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thank you so much, it worked great.