Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2021, 06:09 AM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Kobo Points - royalties?

I'm REALLY enjoying Martin Edwards Gallows Court and am thinking of getting the second in the series using my Super Points when I have enough. Given that I would rather buy direct from an author in the hope of giving them as big a slice as possible, I wondered: Do authors get royalties for purchases made using Kobo Points?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:12 AM   #2
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I'm REALLY enjoying Martin Edwards Gallows Court and am thinking of getting the second in the series using my Super Points when I have enough. Given that I would rather buy direct from an author in the hope of giving them as big a slice as possible, I wondered: Do authors get royalties for purchases made using Kobo Points?
I published once in Kobo store, and I don't think it matters, from what I recall.
I'll go and verify.
EDIT: although I weren't able to check properly, I think it really doesn't matter.

Last edited by NiMa; 01-15-2021 at 09:15 AM.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I think the author will receive the royalties he/she deserves, because the You can pay Kobo with money or points that You have previously accumulated but it is not a problem of the author. Otherwise the Kobo offer would be paid for by the author (and by the publisher) and it would be illegal.

Kobo points are the reason why I buy mostly from Kobo. I also accepted the Kobo VIP offer (that double Kobo points) because I buy many books and for me it is convenient.

Last edited by ps67; 01-15-2021 at 10:29 AM.
ps67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
I think the author will receive the royalties he/she deserves, because the You can pay Kobo with money or points that You have previously accumulated but it is not a problem of the author. Otherwise the Kobo offer would be paid for by the author (and by the publisher) and it would be illegal.

Kobo points are the reason why I buy mostly from Kobo. I also accepted the Kobo VIP offer (that double Kobo points) because I buy many books and for me it is convenient.
Thanks to you both, that is reassuring. I too definitely get good value from my VIP subscription, even though every single time they have specials offering extra points for VIPs I have to contact them personally to get them credited.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote