Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-23-2020, 05:53 AM   #1
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
KOreader "No reader engine" on PW1

The development builds after 2020.12 doesn't work for PW1. It restructures the cache, reload all cover thumbnails, then I get an error message "No reader engine for this file or invalid file" whichever book I want to open. The only solution is downgrade to the latest stable, however, no cover is shown after that.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:54 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Try with a nightly, there was a memory alignment issue in the zstd version used in the release, that was hotfixed a few hours later. It *would* unfortunately be fatal on a Kindle, given how the alignment trap is setup there .

(I checked on a K3 a few days ago, and everything behaved as it was supposed to there).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-23-2020 at 06:57 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
LittleBiG
Zealot

The problem first appeared with nightly 24, and it is the same even now with 30. I have a modern interface with no reader engine it seems.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PW1 is flat, so, more on that later, but 2020.12-27 worked out just fine on a K3, and -30 just fine on a PW2.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:27 AM   #5
LittleBiG
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
PW1 is flat, so, more on that later, but 2020.12-27 worked out just fine on a K3, and -30 just fine on a PW2.
Thanks, I am looking forward to it. In the meantime I deleted my KOreader instance then copied the latest nightly to my reader. It was all the same :-(
Advert
Old 12-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Well, I did find a fun Kindle special bug in the process, but everything's also fine on my end on a PW1 on 5.6.1.1 with -30.

I would have said try a clean install, but apparently you did, so, check the crash.log instead (in koreader/crash.log).
Old 12-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #7
LittleBiG
Zealot

12/23/20-16:32:30 INFO opening file /mnt/us/koreader/crash.log
[!] doShowReader coroutine crashed:
frontend/apps/reader/readerui.lua:226: attempt to call method 'isStub' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
frontend/ui/widget/widget.lua:48: in function 'new'
frontend/apps/reader/readerui.lua:578: in function 'doShowReader'
frontend/apps/reader/readerui.lua:536: in function <frontend/apps/reader/readerui.lua:535>12/23/20-16:32:30 INFO FM loaded plugin SSH at plugins/SSH.koplugin
Old 12-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I'm going to need the full context, not just an excerpt.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #9
LittleBiG
Zealot

I hope it is ok for you renamed to txt and attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (33.2 KB, 129 views)
Old 12-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Which FW version is your PW1 running on?
Old 12-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And this vaguely looks like an incomplete/badly updated install, so I'd try a *really* clean install, from scratch .
Old 12-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #12
LittleBiG
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
And this vaguely looks like an incomplete/badly updated install, so I'd try a *really* clean install, from scratch .
Thank you, I have just finished and KOreader works like a charm now.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #13
LittleBiG
Zealot

Came back. Something changed in KOreader so when I run a book by kpvbooklet, I get this error message. And this was the very problem before too.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #14
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Ah, now that makes more sense .

I'll try to suss out why that is, exactly.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #15
yparitcher
Connoisseur
yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 KT4 PW4 PW5
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/7041
yparitcher is offline   Reply With Quote