Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #1
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
New PC won't wirelessly connect with Calibre Companion

I've replaced my laptop. It's Windows 10 and I've installed Calibre and it works fine. I'm using my android tablet from before which always sync'd wirelessly just fine. Now I cannot connect as a wireless device or to the content server. I've checked the IP address and port on both Calibre and CC and they're matched. However when I try to wirelessly sync, it fails and says 'failed to connect' and the content server fails and says 'cannot find content server.'

Any suggestions?
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My guess is that the anti-virus on the new laptop is blocking connections to calibre. Check out the list of suggestions at http://faq.calibrecompanion.co/index...lution_id=1006.

My further guess is that the network on the new laptop isn't private.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:40 PM   #3
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
My guess is that the anti-virus on the new laptop is blocking connections to calibre. Check out the list of suggestions at http://faq.calibrecompanion.co/index...lution_id=1006.

My further guess is that the network on the new laptop isn't private.
That was it. Switched it to private and that solved it instantly. Many thanks.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote