Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-06-2020, 07:34 AM   #16
book_bug
book_bug began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet + phone
Having the same issue. Usually, long press on the book would open it, but now nothing happens. When I try going into book details + read the app crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the updated app version but still seeing the same problem.
book_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #17
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Hey All,

Just a quick update.

Confirmed the issue stems from SD card storage using Samsung devices.

We have been able to reproduce and are working towards the solution round the clock.

We apologize for the interruption to your service of the app and will get a fix out ASAP.

Thanks for all your discussion and feedback which has helped us identify the issue, will follow back up when I have a quality update.

Thanks,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:01 AM   #18
zeltus
zeltus began at the beginning.

Device: none
"SD card storage using Samsung" - FYI, I have this problem, using a Huawei tablet (but yes, I store my library on SD cards.

Irritating, but not a show-stopper for me, especially as I see and appreciate the updates here and will bide my time.
zeltus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:25 AM   #19
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeltus View Post
"SD card storage using Samsung" - FYI, I have this problem, using a Huawei tablet (but yes, I store my library on SD cards.

Irritating, but not a show-stopper for me, especially as I see and appreciate the updates here and will bide my time.
I have a Huawei media Tab. android 9 but with my books in main storage, and stuff is working. ( I do have an SD card mounted but I use it only for Netflix, spotify ..downloads)

if there's a desperate need for a Huawei tester, PM me. but as my system ain't broke yet, I prefer to keep it that way.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:18 PM   #20
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

I tested a new version this morning that was working with SD card.

Submitted for Google Play Store to review.

Thank you for your patience, will update when we release to production.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #21
book_bug
book_bug began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet + phone
Just updated from the Play store and the issues seems to be resolved. Calibre Companion is no longer crashing when I try to open an ebook to read. Thank you!
book_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:48 PM   #22
memokun
memokun began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by book_bug View Post
Just updated from the Play store and the issues seems to be resolved. Calibre Companion is no longer crashing when I try to open an ebook to read. Thank you!
Same. Thank you!
memokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:43 PM   #23
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by book_bug View Post
Happy to hear the issue is resolved!
Old 05-09-2020, 07:38 AM   #24
zeltus
zeltus began at the beginning.

Confirmed working on my Huawei tablet. Thank-you!
zeltus is offline   Reply With Quote