Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
Hamsky
Enthusiast
Hamsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo H2O
Full refresh before displaying screensaver

Hi, All,

does anybody know how to do full screen refresh before displaying screensaver image?

When I put my Kobo to sleep, i have last reading page drawing on top of screensaver image (instead of just black color)

Also what is the automatic sleep timeout? Did not find it in any settings..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screensaver_text.png
Views:	318
Size:	713.2 KB
ID:	169664  
Hamsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The automatic timeout is set to 60 minutes by default, and I don't think it's available to set anywhere in the UI. I don't even rightly recall how you can customize it OTOH.

On which device is that? And which KOReader version? And in which ScreenSavers mode?

I killed an extra useless refresh in the nightlies a few days ago, but the ScreenSaver itself should still flash, which should prevent much of the potential for ghosting, at least on most devices.

(The best way to actually handle this would be a flash to a white screen *before* showing the ScreenSaver. Recent Nickel versions opt to show the ScreenSaver without a flash, then flash on top of that, which works okay, but may introduce a few artefacts).

I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is an Aura?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
My "settings.reader.lua" has this added to it " ["auto_suspend_timeout_seconds"] = 480," and works fine for an 8 min timeout.

(I thought it was once in the screensaver settings menu, it's not there now.)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:31 AM   #4
Hamsky
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(The best way to actually handle this would be a flash to a white screen *before* showing the ScreenSaver. Recent Nickel versions opt to show the ScreenSaver without a flash, then flash on top of that, which works okay, but may introduce a few artefacts).

I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is an Aura?
How can i make it flash white screen before showing ScreenSaver?

You are right, I am using Aura, KOREader with standard ScreenSaver plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
My "settings.reader.lua" has this added to it "["auto_suspend_timeout_seconds"] = 480,"
Yes, this works, thanks!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:30 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Hamsky: That doesn't answer my "which version of KOReader" question .

Doing the white-screen trick would mean code changes. I'd go with a new framebuffer method that just does a full memset to 0 to bypass any blitting, and stick a refreshFull after that. And time all that before the ScreenSaver repaint. And only do that on full-screen ScreenSaver modes.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-13-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Advert
Old 02-14-2019, 02:27 AM   #6
Hamsky
Enthusiast

I update my Kobos every month, so now my version is 2019.02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Doing the white-screen trick would mean code changes. I'd go with a new framebuffer method that just does a full memset to 0 to bypass any blitting, and stick a refreshFull after that. And time all that before the ScreenSaver repaint. And only do that on full-screen ScreenSaver modes.
Can I do that in some .lua config? Or it's deep programming thing?

I use default full-screen screensaver plugin with stretch to full screen setting.

Last edited by Hamsky; 02-14-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base/pull/814
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/4591

\o/

EDIT: In tomorrow's nightlies .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-14-2019 at 03:49 PM.