Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #3241
shaybella
shaybella began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite, Android tablet and phone
For a new site to consider, how about https://www.honeyfeed.fm/ ?
shaybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #3242
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2019-02-05
- Add www.mugglenetfanfiction.com as replacement for removed fanfiction.mugglenet.com.
- Fix for int(pages) in adapter_adultfanfictionorg. Closes #375
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #3243
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2019-02-06
- Update Translations.
- Remove firefly.populli.org -- now on AO3.
- Remove fhsarchive.com -- now on AO3.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:43 AM   #3244
darth1
darth1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
how to add "keep_style_attr:true" to ini as it comes with error bad section name to both coffee and twiwtite when i'm not trying to edit either just putting to spaces under default and adding it there.
darth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:48 AM   #3245
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

keep_style_attr:true is correct.

add_to_keep_html_attrs:,style is an equivalent option.

If you're getting bad section names errors, that's probably unrelated to your keep_style_attr:true.

adapter_twiwritenet was removed (April 2015), so it's section is invalid and can be removed.

There's only one supported site with a name like 'coffee' and [www.scarvesandcoffee.net] works fine for me.
Advert
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #3246
DavidBrookes
DavidBrookes began at the beginning.

Device: None
FanFiction.Net Issue

I am not sure if this has already been answered but when I have been attempting to update my FanFiction.Net library, it has been reporting no changes and when I look at the logs, it shows as follows:

urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)

Please help. Please note I have updated Calibre and the plugin to their latest versions.
DavidBrookes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #3247
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBrookes View Post
urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)
Checkout the first question on the FFF FAQ list.

UPDATE:

The FAQ was a little sparse, so I've gone back and expanded it some. It now reads:

I'm having SSL certificate errors--help?

SSL is becoming more and more common. But SSL certificates don't last forever. Lately, we've seen several users and more than one site that started getting errors after an SSL certificate was expired, renewed, or replaced.

SSL verification is a complicated process involving more than one certificate at more than one level, all of which eventually expire.

When a site's SSL certificate expires, you will also see an error visiting the site with your browser. All you can do in that case is wait for the site administrators to renew their cert. If you have a way to contact the site administrators, you could also notify them about the issue.

You can also get an error when any of the 'signing' certificates expire. Copies of some of these reside on your computer require periodic update to stay current.

So far, most of those users that have had issues with on-computer certs have been on Windows and the problem has been corrected by visiting the site giving problems using the Microsoft browser (IE or Edge) on your computer. That seems to automatically update the operating system's certificate store and make things work again.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-09-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #3248
DavidBrookes
DavidBrookes began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Checkout the first question on the FFF FAQ list.

UPDATE:

The FAQ was a little sparse, so I've gone back and expanded it some. It now reads:

I'm having SSL certificate errors--help?

SSL is becoming more and more common. But SSL certificates don't last forever. Lately, we've seen several users and more than one site that started getting errors after an SSL certificate was expired, renewed, or replaced.

SSL verification is a complicated process involving more than one certificate at more than one level, all of which eventually expire.

When a site's SSL certificate expires, you will also see an error visiting the site with your browser. All you can do in that case is wait for the site administrators to renew their cert. If you have a way to contact the site administrators, you could also notify them about the issue.

You can also get an error when any of the 'signing' certificates expire. Copies of some of these reside on your computer require periodic update to stay current.

So far, most of those users that have had issues with on-computer certs have been on Windows and the problem has been corrected by visiting the site giving problems using the Microsoft browser (IE or Edge) on your computer. That seems to automatically update the operating system's certificate store and make things work again.
I actually did that but not the browser that was the default on my laptop (Microsoft Edge) due to the laptop being refreshly rebuilt and not having configured any of my applications including browser. I am going to re-run my list of stories to update and then see how it goes (). Thanks for the help.
DavidBrookes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #3249
SallyK
Enthusiast
SallyK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
You may have already seen this, but AO3 are switching their downloads to using the Calibre interface - https://archiveofourown.org/admin_posts/12212 .
SallyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #3250
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

SallyK, I saw that.

It doesn't really have a direct impact on FanFicFare. We download the full-story HTML page and parse that to normalize the appearance.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #3251
macarmua
macarmua began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I've been trying to download new stories for a couple of weeks (updating the plugin every time an update came out) but every time it gets frozen after collecting the metadata and won't show any progress (and won't let me cancel either, I have to force close Calibre to reset it). It has no trouble updating existing stories, and the outcome is the same whether I use archiveofourown or fanfiction.net urls. Any tips on how can I fix it?
macarmua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #3252
SallyK
Enthusiast
SallyK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
SallyK, I saw that.

It doesn't really have a direct impact on FanFicFare. We download the full-story HTML page and parse that to normalize the appearance.
Thank you - I wasn't sure that it would make a difference, but if it did I thought you'd like to know as soon as possible.
SallyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #3253
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macarmua View Post
I've been trying to download new stories for a couple of weeks (updating the plugin every time an update came out) but every time it gets frozen after collecting the metadata and won't show any progress (and won't let me cancel either, I have to force close Calibre to reset it). It has no trouble updating existing stories, and the outcome is the same whether I use archiveofourown or fanfiction.net urls. Any tips on how can I fix it?
From the description, I'd suspect your AV or a firewall blocking connections, but there's no difference in how FFF operates collecting metadata between an update and a new download. We had a user recently behind a firewall they had to VPN out through first.

Are you downloading tons of stories? Some sites will start applying different variations of blocking if they think you're overdoing it.

You can try the usual brute force solutions such as: reboot, reinstall Calibre, reinstall FFF.

To actually troubleshoot, you can run Calibre in debug mode (under Preferences dropdown) and see what the output says.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #3254
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 3.5.0 - 11 Feb 2019
- Update Translations.
- Remove firefly.populli.org -- now on AO3.
- Remove fhsarchive.com -- now on AO3.
- Add www.mugglenetfanfiction.com as replacement for removed fanfiction.mugglenet.com.
- Fix for int(pages) in adapter_adultfanfictionorg. Closes #375
- Fix author parsing at webnovelcom - pull request #372 from Rikkitp
- Remember original href in data-orighref attr with epub internalize_text_links so inserted 'earlier' chapters don't break internal links.
- Add always_login setting to base_xenforo for SV login-required story with 404 result.
- Ignore current Virtual Library when checking for existing story ID.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #3255
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I came across the following error on some stories from AO3, is there anything you can do?

Code:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_text'
here's an example url:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/2737
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction