Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 04:26 AM   #16
mathieulh
mathieulh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
My One gave up the ghost a bare month before the Forma was available, so I was unable to do a side by side comparison, but I love it, it is so light, the light is much better then the One's and when I go back to Clara while the Forma charges, I'm always trying for buttons. My only problem with the Forma is the battery: I have to charge it at least once a day. But then, I read hours at a time, especially at night.
I read hours at a time daily and I only have to charge my Forma once every 3 weeks or so. Perhaps your light settings is too high or you don't have it on flight mode?
mathieulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:34 AM   #17
mathieulh
mathieulh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32GB
I upgraded from the Aura One to the Forma as soon as it came out, I've been only using the Forma ever since. Beforethen I used the Aura One at home and the Kindle Oasis 2 on the go, the Forma is just the best of both worlds to me.
mathieulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:21 AM   #18
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Glo HD, H2o2, Clara, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathieulh View Post
I read hours at a time daily and I only have to charge my Forma once every 3 weeks or so. Perhaps your light settings is too high or you don't have it on flight mode?
I always have the wi-fi turned off, except once in a blue moon when I update Pocket, but I do like the light setting high during the day, and the comfort light on at night, which I understand is a drain on charge too.
I wouldn't be comfortable reading otherwise, but I've always done likewise for my other devices, and only had a similar problem with the One.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #19
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoanohn View Post
Can you use the page turn buttons in the tub or the sauna?
I'd be careful about the sauna thing, the max operating temp is 113F
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #20
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoanohn View Post
Can you use the page turn buttons in the tub or the sauna?
I'd be careful about the sauna thing, the max operating temp is 113F. Likely, the most that would happen is that it would turn off but that heat isn't good.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #21
RJAJ
RJAJ began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
Have the KA1 but bit the bullet and bought the Kobo Forma. I'm not sure I see a dark band, I keep the brightness around 5-8%. Its lightweight and easy to hold. However I find he KA1 with a pop socket easier to hold than the Forma. Ordered for a sleeve as well.
RJAJ is offline   Reply With Quote