Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #76
maximus83
Zealot
maximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toys

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, I know that the "Back" button isn't present on some of the reading apps. I was commenting in response to you saying that you'd bought an Oasis, though. All eInk Kindles do have the "Back" button.
Yep, got it. At first I was confused by your earlier comment, I was like, "What back button"? :-) My Oasis is supposed to get here tomorrow, according to Amazon, although we're experiencing Seattle Snowmaggedon part 2, and everything is delayed.
maximus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #77
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Okay, it was too good to be true. Thanks for the clarification.
Actually, I've tested this many times, the last time a couple of weeks ago. If I email a document directly to a device that is only connected to 3g, I will get charged. If, however, the document is already in the cloud, I can download it over 3g and not get charged.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #78
binaryhermit
Addict
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
The second part seems to agree with my findings
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #79
Almamida
Addict
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage / Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Actually, I've tested this many times, the last time a couple of weeks ago. If I email a document directly to a device that is only connected to 3g, I will get charged. If, however, the document is already in the cloud, I can download it over 3g and not get charged.

Shari
Okay, so that's great ! They charge only if you want to send your document directly to your Kindle with the cellular connection
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote