Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #3256
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2019-02-13
- Some AO3 stories don't have fandom tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I came across the following error on some stories from AO3, is there anything you can do?

Code:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_text'
here's an example url:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/2737
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:44 AM   #3257
mic3
mic3 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
how to custom columns

Hi,
I have imported files from AO3 using FanFicFare.
There are several columns I want to add that weren't sorted out like: Number of chapters, words, kudos, comments, status (complete/in progress) etc. everything is in the information section of the file but does not appear in the columns when I'm downloading the file from the URL.
When I'm adding a custom column, I need to enter the data manually in order to see it in the right column, that is unreasonably too much time-consuming.
I understand that maybe the answer is in the template and in coding something, but I have no idea how to do it.
I could really use the help with the how and where to do it - if that's possible...
Also - can one configure this after downloading or should the whole files get downloaded again?
Thank you

Last edited by mic3; 02-14-2019 at 02:53 AM.
mic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:38 AM   #3258
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic3 View Post
Hi,
There are several columns I want to add that weren't sorted out like: Number of chapters, words, kudos, comments, status (complete/in progress) etc. everything is in the information section of the file but does not appear in the columns when I'm downloading the file from the URL.
When I'm adding a custom column, I need to enter the data manually in order to see it in the right column, that is unreasonably too much time-consuming.
I understand that maybe the answer is in the template and in coding something, but I have no idea how to do it.
I could really use the help with the how and where to do it - if that's possible...
Also - can one configure this after downloading or should the whole files get downloaded again?
Thank you
I'll gladly help you navigating the jungle of custom columns

Jimm on another note:

Can I replace metadata in one column while keeping it original in another?

If so, how would that look in my PI?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #3259
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you imported epub files generated by and downloaded from AO3, you can't update them to add new chapters using FFF because they use a different internal epub format.

But you should be able to still use the "Update Calibre Metadata from Web Site" option (under 'Show Download Options' when downloading or updating) to only fill Calibre columns.

I also recommend creating a long text type custom column for 'Saved Metadata' and configuring it in FFF's Custom Column tab. Then FFF will save all the metadata there on download/update and you can use "Update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column" to save server hits for books that have already been updated/downloaded since then.

Quote:
Common metadata entries that most sites support can be set to Calibre standard or custom columns in the FFF config GUI under the "Standard Column" and "Custom Column" tabs.

Site-specific metadata entries such as AO3's kudos & comments need to be configured in FFF's personal.ini settings using the custom_columns_settings keyword.

Details of custom_columns_settings

General documentation: FFF Project Wiki

Quote:
Thank you
See the "Update Calibre Metadata..." options mentioned above.

Quote:
Can I replace metadata in one column while keeping it original in another?
On the "Standard Column" and "Custom Column" tabs there are options for each column for "New Only". If checked, the column will only be filled when FFF creates new book and left unchanged for updates.

In custom_columns_settings, you can use a, r and n flags. See custom_columns_settings.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:17 AM   #3260
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
On the "Standard Column" and "Custom Column" tabs there are options for each column for "New Only". If checked, the column will only be filled when FFF creates new book and left unchanged for updates.

In custom_columns_settings, you can use a, r and n flags. See custom_columns_settings.
Thanks I'll have a look at that.

They changed a bit in their coding as far as I can tell, so I was wondering if it was possible to collect the tag I've highlighted in the screenshot.

Here's the link:

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/The...0Tolkien/works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	169722  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #3261
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
They changed a bit in their coding as far as I can tell, so I was wondering if it was possible to collect the tag I've highlighted in the screenshot.

Here's the link:

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/The...0Tolkien/works
I can think of three completely things you might mean by your last two posts.

Instead of me guessing, can you please be as specific as possible about what you want help with. Give me a story URL, what values you want where, what you get instead of what you want, and a copy of the relevant parts your existing personal.ini.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #3262
Tanjamuse
Wizard

AO3 is very difficult for tag-wrangling.

The fandom for Lord of the Rings has many different tags with the same meaning, because people can write their own.

I don't know if they've changed their coding enough for you to be able to collect that metadata.

It's the part I've circled, I would like it collected in a separate column aside from all the normal fandom tags.

I hope I've explained this better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	194
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	169723  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #3263
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:

The fandom for Lord of the Rings has many different tags with the same meaning, because people can write their own.

I don't know if they've changed their coding enough for you to be able to collect that metadata.

It's the part I've circled, I would like it collected in a separate column aside from all the normal fandom tags.

Since the wrangled/normalized tag is not present in the work itself, trying to get all the normalized versions for the various tags is not practical for FanFicFare at all. It's better to do this yourself with the Scrub Tags feature in the JobSpy plugin.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:00 PM   #3264
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:

How is this different from when you asked about it in Oct 2018 and Sept 2018?
Old 02-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #3265
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I thought they had changed their coding to make it possible, sorry.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:14 AM   #3266
gnaser
gnaser began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Parsing Error

I love this plugin. I have a problem when I want to download an author's entire work from Archive of Our Own, I'm getting an error every time I try to use: Get Story URLs from Web Page

-----------------------------------------------
calibre, version 3.39.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ParsingError</b>:File contains parsing errors: <???>
[line 1]: (Line outside section) # Copyright 2015 Fanficdownloader team, 2019 FanFicFare team

calibre 3.39.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && FanFicFare (3, 5, 0) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && Reading List (1, 6, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 547, in get_urls_from_page_menu
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 563, in get_urls_from_page
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_util", line 32, in get_fff_config
File "ConfigParser.py", line 324, in readfp
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.conf igurable", line 818, in _read
ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: <???>
[line 1]: (Line outside section) # Copyright 2015 Fanficdownloader team, 2019 FanFicFare team

I'm not sure what the problem is, as I'm not exactly an expert on these things, I'm just a normal user.
gnaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #3267
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaser View Post
I love this plugin. I have a problem when I want to download an author's entire work from Archive of Our Own, I'm getting an error every time I try to use: Get Story URLs from Web Page

-----------------------------------------------
calibre, version 3.39.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ParsingError</b>:File contains parsing errors: <???>
That's puzzling.

The only way I can find to get that error is change the plugin-defaults.ini file inside the plugin zip to have an extra space at the beginning of the first line, like so:

Code:
 # Copyright 2015 Fanficdownloader team, 2019 FanFicFare team
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
Also, all FFF download operations should fail, not just Get Story URLs from Web Page.

(If you had it at the beginning of your personal.ini, FFF would have pointed out the error when you tried to save it and the error would report a different line number.)

The only thing I can suggest is downloading and installing the plugin again. I recommend using the latest test version (link in my sig below).
Old 02-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #3268
GloverEggs
GloverEggs began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Love this plugin and use it all the time. However, after the 2/12 update, I cannot "download from URLs." I type in the URL and no job starts.

Regular updating is working, I just can't add new stories.
GloverEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:54 PM   #3269
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloverEggs View Post
Love this plugin and use it all the time. However, after the 2/12 update, I cannot "download from URLs." I type in the URL and no job starts.

Regular updating is working, I just can't add new stories.
Do you have some example story URLs? Because that behavior suggests you're using URLs that FFF doesn't recognize.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:29 PM   #3270
shaybella
shaybella began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite, Android tablet and phone
Looks like a new site is starting to draw original stories from royalroad at least:
https://moonquill.com/
Just thought it was worth putting on your radar.
shaybella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction