Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
I think I might be sick!

Ok, I think I am coming down with something. There is really no other explanation that I can come up with!
My only symptom is that I haven't touched my 505 in about 3 days!
I mean I am one of those Sony Reader addicts! I read EVERYDAY without exception. What is wrong with me?! I know that its spring and I have been doing more stuff outside but I still always read in the evenings. I'm afraid my husband is going to get used to this and hate it when I start reading like before.
I am going to make a point of starting a new book this evening.
Thank you for your support during my period of illness!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sounds serious. We may have to operate.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Been to Mexico lately?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
That is worrying. I'm glad to hear you're getting better. As long as it's only temporary!

Apparently I have a different illness - I can't put mine down, and have been told that I need to read less. Even use mine as a mouse mat when I'm posting on MR
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
Ok, I think I am coming down with something. There is really no other explanation that I can come up with!
My only symptom is that I haven't touched my 505 in about 3 days!
I mean I am one of those Sony Reader addicts! I read EVERYDAY without exception. What is wrong with me?! I know that its spring and I have been doing more stuff outside but I still always read in the evenings. I'm afraid my husband is going to get used to this and hate it when I start reading like before.
I am going to make a point of starting a new book this evening.
Thank you for your support during my period of illness!
Take three readings a day and it should clear up in a week
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
I have one already, but if you don't need one I promise to give yours a good home.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 AM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
You are possessed. It's simple. You need an exorcist. And stay away from me.

GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:14 AM   #8
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Don't worry about it. It's happened to me 2/3 times since I got the iLiad I was all "read out". It lasted about a week. Then it passed.

(Says the person who started his 3rd book for the week this morning).
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
mickitaz
Connoisseur
mickitaz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Tehe. I go through the same symptoms now and again. I will read for days and days.. then not pick up my reader for a while. Even when I was working 60 hours a week, I would still find time to pick up and read for about an hour before going to bed.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Sometimes we need a break from that which we love the most.
mickitaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
ReD
Enthusiast
ReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-700, PRS-300, PRS-T1, Kobo Arc
That's exactly how I know I'm sick - not picking up your reader when you have a spare moment is the first symptom of illness!
ReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Stacey, I understand. I too have suffered from periods of not picking up the Sony reader. At first I blamed 16 hour work days; but, that was a sham. Sure I worked those hours but I needed a break. I started to force myself to take breaks and read short stories. Work back into it slowly. Build up to a full book. Don't jump in with both feet, you might cause a relapse.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
I just wanted to say thank you all so much for the support during my brief period of illness!
I am feeling much better since I am reading a new book. I thought I was going to have to go see my doctor but as some of you may remember the last time I went to the doctor we talked about my reader for about 20 minutes before we got to the reason why I was there. LOL! So I wasn't sure that going to see him would help with my problem. Maybe talking about it though would have put me back on track sooner.
I guess a few days absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Thanks again!
Happy Reading!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote