Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-23-2021, 09:07 AM   #1
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
What is the difference between these three Poke3?

There are three Boox Poke 3 for sale on kogan.com, I am struggling to tell the difference between them.

they are $314, $241.99 and $243 and they all look the same to me

can expert here tell me the difference

https://www.kogan.com/au/shop/?q=boox+poke+3+android

also, how much faster will the poke 3 be that the T68?
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha View Post
There are three Boox Poke 3 for sale on kogan.com, I am struggling to tell the difference between them.

they are $314, $241.99 and $243 and they all look the same to me

can expert here tell me the difference

https://www.kogan.com/au/shop/?q=boox+poke+3+android
There is no difference between them as they are all Boox Poke 3 with the very same specs. The only difference is that they are each being sold by different third party Marketplace Sellers.

You may want to investigate where they are each shipping from to estimate how long it would be until each is delivered. While each may be shipped from their respective warehouses within the same time period, if one warehouse is in China and another in Australia, they may take very different amounts of time to arrive.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
thanks i will get the $243 one

how they come for T68?
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:58 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha View Post
thanks i will get the $243 one

how they come for T68?
Haven't a clue as I have never used a T68, nor a Poke 3. However, I would assume that the specs on the Poke 3 would make for a much more enjoyable reading experience.

Here are some of the cons from an old review for the T68:

Quote:
Con

Slow page turns – it took the T68 much longer to turn the page than the Kobo Aura HD (in the stock reading apps, but not for example in Moon+ Reader)

Confusing settings (refresh modes, buttons, etc)

page turn buttons don’t work with 3rd-party apps (except possibly Moon+ Reader)

Frontlight – the minimum setting is too bright

Battery – the T68 Lynx behaves erratically when the battery meter drops below 15%

https://the-digital-reader.com/2014/...M-e9fPXLIIYhIb
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote