Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #46
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Great, thanks!

Super! Dankeschön!
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 AM   #47
dm101
dm101 began at the beginning.

Device: Nintendo DS Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdgogo View Post
Hello Govid, i hope it is ok to post this quick an dirty solution here, if not please feel free to delete my reply and the attachment. Thanks in andvance.
dirk

I have downloaded your amazon.py program from bazaar and changed some of the xpath statements.

It is now again posible to get the Metadata from Amazon.de

I someone can't wait for a official solution please feel free to install the attachment as plugin and give it a try.

greetings dirk

cool - thank you very much :-))))))))
dm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #48
nandocuci
nandocuci began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdgogo View Post
Hello Govid, i hope it is ok to post this quick an dirty solution here, if not please feel free to delete my reply and the attachment. Thanks in andvance.
dirk

I have downloaded your amazon.py program from bazaar and changed some of the xpath statements.

It is now again posible to get the Metadata from Amazon.de

I someone can't wait for a official solution please feel free to install the attachment as plugin and give it a try.

greetings dirk
Thank you!
With a few substitutions, your code works also with amazon.it
Can I open a new thread with your plugin to make happy italian users?
I will not change the authors

Fabio
nandocuci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #49
bdgogo
bdgogo began at the beginning.

Device: oyo
Hello Fabio (Nandocuci)!
From my point of view you can modify the plugin(my quick hack) and make the italian users happy, but i want to make clear that it is not my code. It is, Govids great work and i have changed only very very few lines of his code and i am shure that he will provide a cleaner solution for our problems soon.

But meanwhile i want to thank you and the others who have tried my "quick hack"

greetings dirk

PS: by the way , have you find a better way to manage the "Autor" thing with the
(autor) (translator) Tags in the same line with the autor name? Or is this problem on the italian site not present
bdgogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #50
bdgogo

Thank you very much Kovid,
seems there is now a official solution in 0.8.1 much faster i expected :-)
I have tested you new version with some Booktitles and it looks good. Great work
thank you very much
Greeting Dirk
Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 02:58 AM   #51
nandocuci
nandocuci began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Hello Dirk,
the problem of (author) (translator) tag also exists in the Italian site.
I'm not so skillful to solve it.
I am very grateful to Kovid every time I use Calibre, but I am also grateful to you for small changes to his plugin.
I will open the new thread.

Ciao

Fabio

PS: I don't see official solution in 8.1
Where is it?
nandocuci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #52
bdgogo

Hello Fabio,
i think the problem is only solved for german Amazon descriptions
Quote from changelog 0.8.1
----
Add Amazon DE, Beam EBooks, Beam DE, Weightless Books, Wizards Tower Books to the list of ebook stores searched by Get Books
----

have an nice day
best regards dirk
Old 05-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #53
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@bdgogo: That changelog entry refers to the get books feature not metadata download. Support for all the various amazon country variants (uk, de, fr, it) will be in 0.8.2
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #54
bdgogo

Hello Kovid,
thank you for this quick clarification.
I am a little bit confused about that. With the change to 0.8.0 i was not able to get the german descriptions. This in mind i changed your code in the way i described earlier. With availibility of 0.8.1 i have deactivated "my temporary plugin " and have only used the original set of metadata plugins. I have tried about ten books and in all cases i have got the german description. very strange. However my issue is fixed and i am again a happy calibre user.
greetings dirk
Old 05-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #55
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is an unintentional side effect of this changelog entry:

Amazon metadata download plugin: Fix links being stripped from comments. Also fix ratings/isbn not being parsed from kindle edition pages.

It required making the XPath more generic, which probably fixed the problem with the german website as well.

In 0.8.2 you will be able to customize the amazon plugin to select which website it will use.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:40 AM   #56
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Thanks, Kovid, for adding amazon.de in 0.8.2!!!

But... (I know, never satisfied....) could you give us the option of using amazon.com and amazon.de (or others) at the same time? My library has both, English and German books and now I would have to go into the settings and change the country every time I have a book in the other language. Thanks!
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, that's not going to happen. You are free to create a custom plugin based on the builtin one with a different name and use it.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #58
Andreas
Andreas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle / Smartphone / Tablet
Hi Kovid,

just wanted to thank you for the possibility to change between different amazons!
It is really great!
I have "DE" as default, so I get the right info for my german books and since most of the us-books are also available from amazon.de, I get the right description for them in most cases. Only in some rare cases I have to change to amazon.com. But that's an easy task with the new metadata pane.
Thanks again for this great feature
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #59
Morf
Morf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Agreed, many thanks Kovid for adding Amazon UK metadata download, I can now have UK covers on my books at last!

Thanks again.
Morf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #60
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome On second thoughts, it may be possible to have the plugin query all the amazon sites for matches in parallel, it will be a bit of a pain to code, so I'm not making any promises.