Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Entourage Edge Countdown

Guys, I am on the Feb shipment of the Edge. Does anyone know what day in Feb the edge will start to ship? If it's at the turn of the month, most of us should have it next week...
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
Guys, I am on the Feb shipment of the Edge. Does anyone know what day in Feb the edge will start to ship? If it's at the turn of the month, most of us should have it next week...
I am going through withdrawl since I sold my Kindles to be able to afford it. I want it BAD!!!

I have the following apps ready to pull down for it.

1. Evernote
2. Astrid
3. Android Scripting Environment
4. Solitaire for Android
5. Android Arcade Emulator
6. HandyCalc
7. DoubleTwist

Anything else I should be looking at stocking on it?
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Hahah. I am getting anxious too. That is a great list of applications you have there. Try to see if there are any advanced scientific and/or graphic calcs. Those would make a nice addition. Maybe a chat client. I am also looking forward to start developing stuff for the Edge. Do you think shipments will begin early, mid, or end of next month?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

I honestly don't know.

I will have my camera ready for an UnBox review when it comes in.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
jim5467
jim5467 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Quote:
What day did you make your order? I am on the March date but I ordered fairly early after the Edge was put up for sale.
jim5467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
paulckennedy
Addict

January 9th here. My Kindle DX sold in 19 minutes and my K2 sold in 36 hours. I thought I would get to enjoy them for at least a week while they were up for auction but that was a lost cause. boohoo....

I need my Edge. I want to play!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
jim5467
jim5467 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulckennedy View Post
January 9th here. My Kindle DX sold in 19 minutes and my K2 sold in 36 hours. I thought I would get to enjoy them for at least a week while they were up for auction but that was a lost cause. boohoo....

I need my Edge. I want to play!!!!!!
I ordered mine on January 9th also but I am listed as a March delivery in my account. Sigh. Oh well, . . .
jim5467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
paulckennedy
Addict

Where do you see the delivery group for your order? Mine shows a status of Processing. I don't see anything related to which month it will be delivered.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
zetareticuli
Addict

Mine says that my credit card will not be charged until the order ships in March 2010. However, I ordered before the ship date was changed to March. Now I am not sure whether I will get it in Feb or March.

Note that it is also possible that this is simply a generic message that is included now with all orders (stating that they will ship in March). When I placed my order, the ship date was still Feb 2010.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
paulckennedy
Addict

Quote:
Mine says that my credit card will not be charged until the order ships in March 2010. However, I ordered before the ship date was changed to March. Now I am not sure whether I will get it in Feb or March.

Note that it is also possible that this is simply a generic message that is included now with all orders (stating that they will ship in March). When I placed my order, the ship date was still Feb 2010.
Mine says the following. It is a copy/paste and notice that it doesn't mention a timeframe.

* Your credit card will not be charged until the device ships. For more information visit the FAQs.

Sorry to hear about the March ship date message on your screen.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #11
zetareticuli
Addict

Well, no worries. I guess I will have to wait, then. I am counting on your review after you get it! I am still not convinced I will get it in March (or Feb for that matter). I am going to send them an email tomorrow so that they can tell me definitively if I am on the Feb or the March shipment.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #12
paulckennedy
Addict

Good. I hope that you are in the February order too.

I will definately be putting together a review.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
zetareticuli
Addict

Paul,

So I log into my account today and I get the same thing as you. I don't see any dates now. It has the same information you provided earlier for your order. I still sent them an email to get confirmation on shipping dates.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #14
paulckennedy
Addict

Well, I am glad to see that your order says the same as mine.

After the iPad launch today, I am now really syked to see the Edge. I know how sexy the iPad is and I probably will see myself buying one for Christmas but..

The Edge just seems to have so many possibilities. The Library and the Annotations alone have me drooling. The programing capabilities of Android and the support for Flash just tops the cake.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #15
zetareticuli
Addict

Very true. I think the Edge would still have the edge. I will also be ordering an Apple ipad as soon as it becomes available.