Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Unhappy Feedbooks

Do any of you have an idea why I cannot log on to Feedbooks? I get (for a couple of months now) a "500 Internal Server Error". I've googled this type error, but was no help to me; from what I came up with it seemed I have to contact my ISP. I can reach Feedbooks' blog okay. I had the same problem in February w/Teleread, but only for a couple of weeks. Sure miss Feedbooks.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Do any of you have an idea why I cannot log on to Feedbooks? I get (for a couple of months now) a "500 Internal Server Error". I've googled this type error, but was no help to me; from what I came up with it seemed I have to contact my ISP. I can reach Feedbooks' blog okay. I had the same problem in February w/Teleread, but only for a couple of weeks. Sure miss Feedbooks.
I just managed to log onto Feedbooks without a problem. From what I understand about 500 error, it's on the other side, not yours.

By the way, is your avatar a Jeday Conure parrot? We have one and his name is Charlie and we do sometimes call him Charliebird.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
if you're having trouble with feedbooks, you should contact hadrien ; he's co-founder of the site.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's interesting, because what I gleaned from 'googling' a 500 error is it is on my end--it was a while back so I may be remembering wrong. Charlie 'Bird' Coltrane is a Yellow-headed Amazon. I also have a Yellow-naped Amazon--who right now I like a lot more than Charlie, who has turned territorially aggressive w/the mating season.

Zelda, I did think of Hadrian but know he monitors Mobileread and figured he'd pickup fast on a thread titled Feedbooks.
Thx, both for quick reply.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
You're getting this error when you try to log in using your credentials or whenever you try to access the website ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Whenever I try to access you website.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
OT:

Long live Coltrane's music! I'm a huge fan of jazz and have a huge jazz CD collection.

If you like jazz you should start a jazz music apprciation somewhere on MobileRead.

Back On Topic:

I see Hadrien has come to your assistance. Feedbooks is a great site and is extremely well-maintained.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 AM   #8
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Ok that's strange. Could you flush all your sessions/cookies/cache ?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Hadrian, I will do as you suggested, but not immediately. I am communicating w/my bank via the web and don't want to mess w/cookies until I hear from them. Frankly, I don't think it will make a difference because I did a clean install of Vista about a month ago. Maybe though, because I did import all my previous Firefox settings, bookmarks, etc. I've tried to access Feedbooks' website with, of course, Firefox, Chrome...even IE; from Ubuntu and Puppy Linix; from my XO and from my Nokia. I've tried it typing in the url, links on other sites, bookmark.
If I recall correctly the 505 error w/Teleread was when they were changing servers (is that the right word?), and didn't you change servers the first of the year?
Thanks for helping.
Don, think it better if YOU started such an appreciation. If you have a huge collection I'm sure you are much more knowledgeable than I. I always end up back w/the old timers--Coleman, Peterson, Miles, Young, Dolphy, Evans. My collection was never very heterogeneous.
Yes, Feedbooks used to be a regular stop for me. It is a great site and I do miss it.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Hadrian, I will do as you suggested, but not immediately. I am communicating w/my bank via the web and don't want to mess w/cookies until I hear from them. Frankly, I don't think it will make a difference because I did a clean install of Vista about a month ago. Maybe though, because I did import all my previous Firefox settings, bookmarks, etc. I've tried to access Feedbooks' website with, of course, Firefox, Chrome...even IE; from Ubuntu and Puppy Linix; from my XO and from my Nokia. I've tried it typing in the url, links on other sites, bookmark.
If I recall correctly the 505 error w/Teleread was when they were changing servers (is that the right word?), and didn't you change servers the first of the year?
Thanks for helping.
Don, think it better if YOU started such an appreciation. If you have a huge collection I'm sure you are much more knowledgeable than I. I always end up back w/the old timers--Coleman, Peterson, Miles, Young, Dolphy, Evans. My collection was never very heterogeneous.
Yes, Feedbooks used to be a regular stop for me. It is a great site and I do miss it.

The one's you mention are THE greats of jazz. The names ring with music, with genius: Dolphy, Young, Miles, Lester, Peterson, Bill Evans, Tyner - some of the greatest music around.

Most of my music (the CDs), is unfortunately on a crappy Ipod and my CDs are still in the U.S. (Context: I'm used to hearing the sweet music that only vinyl can produce.)

I regret selling my more than 2,000 album collection of vinyl.

Anyway, let me stay away for awhile, so that you and Hadrien can get this problem sorted.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Can you ping these IP then ?
87.98.185.249 and 87.98.185.248
Just type "ping 87.98.185.249" and "ping 87.98.185.248"
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

I typed both numbers with and w/out the parenthesis (sin http://www, right?) in both Firefox and IE, resulting in "did not match with any Web results."
Interestingly, the Firefox tabs reflect your "fb" logo and the URL.
deanna
Old 05-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #13
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

To ping an IP, go to the start menu, select "execute" and type cmd. From there you can use both commands that I provided in my previous message.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
To ping an IP, go to the start menu, select "execute" and type cmd. From there you can use both commands that I provided in my previous message.
Click Run, not execute, or type Windows key (btween ctrl and alt) and press R at the same time
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #15
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Well, it pings. Three lines about Reply and bytes and tines and an ITL (or TTL) 42. The run window opens and closes really fast and I couldn't figure out how the keep it open.
d