Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Beetle B.
Beetle B. began at the beginning.

Device: none
I DON'T want Calibre to autosync certain devices!

I have a SONY ebook reader and use it with Calibre. When I connect it to my PC, Calibre pushes all autodownloaded news to it. So far so good.

The problem is that when I connect my smartphone to the PC to copy files over, Calibre detects it as an ebook reader and sends all my recently downloaded news to it.

Can I somehow tell Calibre to autosync only with my Sony?

At the moment I have to remember to shut down Calibre before connecting my phone, and then remember to turn it on again after unplugging.
Beetle B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you have two options, either tell calibre to not autosend news to devices or tell calibre to not connect to your phone.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Beetle B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, you have two options, either tell calibre to not autosend news to devices or tell calibre to not connect to your phone.
Can I tell it not to connect to my phone but still connect to my Sony? If so, how?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
Beetle B.

OK - I see there is an Ignored Device section in the preferences. Let's see if I can figure it out!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Depends on how your phone connects. If it is an MTP device, then just right click on the device icon in calibre and configure. Other wise you have to fo to Preferences->plugins and disable the device plugin used ot connect.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert