Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Patrick.
Patrick. began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Error using portable version

Im trying to use the portable version from a USB but when I click on the .exe, I get an error "The procedure entry point set_gui_app could not be located in the dynamic link library calibre-launcher.dll"

How can I fix this?
Patrick. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like an antivirus has chewed up the download. Download it again.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
Patrick.
Patrick. began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Ive downloaded through my home and work computers (to the USB flash drive) but get the same error each time.
Patrick. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Turn off your a/v and only then unzip and run. Or if you know how, exclude it from your antivirus.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick. View Post
Ive downloaded through my home and work computers (to the USB flash drive) but get the same error each time.
Are you downloading from the official site i.e. http://calibre-ebook.com/?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert