Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
How to change output profile?

Hi!

I've been trying the conversion function of Calibre to create a PDF from a CBZ, to be viewed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. I've been able to create one, and I was happy to find an output profile for the Samsung Galaxy, but was somewhat surprised it was supposed to be for the Galaxy tablet and other devices with a screen size of 1280 x 600 pixels. Surprised because I don't know of any Samsung with a 1280x600 resolution. The Tab certainly doesn't have it, it's resolution is 1024x600, other tablets may use 1280x800, but 1280x600 is unusual. I thought it might be all right, seeing it's for the Samsung Galaxy tablet, but the resulting pages are indeed too high to fit on one page.

The generic tablet profile works, but it doesn't scale the images, and because the original images are quite big, I'd like to the Tab's screen size. The output profile for the Tab scales them, but the page doesn't quite fit the screen, and it stretches the images.

I've been searching for a way to do this, in Calibre and on the forum as well, but I haven't been able to find a way to correct the profile to produce pages that are nicely scaled to fit the screen of the Tab. Is this possible?

Thanks!
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can specify a size for the image scaling manually under Comic Input
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Kovid, I'll try that!

ableeker
Old 12-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
ableeker
Enthusiast

Hi!

The images are the right size when I enter 600x1024. However, the page of the PDF is still larger than the screen. You can choose another page size by changing Paper Size in PDF Output, but the help says this isn't used if you set an output profile and the settings in the profile are used instead.

So is there a way to set the page size? Or, where are the output profiles, and is possible to change them?

Thanks!

ableeker
Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Choose the Default Output Profile under page setup and then the paper size option will be used.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
ableeker
Enthusiast

Selecting default output let's you use a page size, but when I use a5 or b5 as page size, the page size of the PDF is incorrect (something like 0.04 inch). Besides, a5 or b5 isn't correct either, the screen is actually something like 3.6 x 6.1 inch in size. I then tried the Kindle Fire output profile because the Fire has a 1024x600 screen as well. It almost worked, the pages are still too large, but it's by just a couple of pixels.

I'm now trying some Windows programs that can create PDF's from the source images. PrimoPDF for instance let's you define the page size.