Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
Bobfreeze
Bobfreeze began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
WAV files not supported??

According to Kobo's own specifications, WAV audio files are supported by the Vox, however when I try to open one, it tells me the file type cannot be opened!?! Even when selecting the stock "Music" app I cannot open it.

Any ideas?
Bobfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfreeze View Post
According to Kobo's own specifications, WAV audio files are supported by the Vox, however when I try to open one, it tells me the file type cannot be opened!?! Even when selecting the stock "Music" app I cannot open it.

Any ideas?
------------------------------------------------------

I can't help you with x.wav, but I do for a fact know that x.wma files work like a charm. A whole slew of them are already downloaded and playable on my Vox.

I thought also that x.wav was enabled....hmmm.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
I'm not sure if the built-in player will play wave files, but there are tons of music players out that that can. An Android tablet is more like your laptop than your ereader in that regard. When you get your laptop there are tons of "features" that you need to find additional software for.

I'd recommend looking at MoboPlayer.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote