Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Kindle 3G SO + $30 GC for $139, think of it as K3 for $109.

Best Buy had the K3 3G SO for $169 with a bonus $30 BB giftcard. Now they've lowered the price to $139 but are still honoring the $30 BB giftcard. You can use the BB giftcard to buy a Amazon giftcard. Think of it as $109 for a K3 3G SO. Time for me to upgrade from my K2. I get ads and get a better browser.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
If you don't mind the ads, this sounds like a great deal.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I just got back from buying one. But I didn't know I could use the BB card to buy an Amazon GC. Can you do that on their web site?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
If you don't mind the ads, this sounds like a great deal.
Dude, I want the ads. I was disappointed I couldn't get them on my regular Kindle. I missed out on all those half price Amazon GCs.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just got back from buying one. But I didn't know I could use the BB card to buy an Amazon GC. Can you do that on their web site?

Buy a Amazon Kindle GC at BB. It's just an Amazon GC, you can use it for anything.
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfar View Post
Dude, I want the ads. I was disappointed I couldn't get them on my regular Kindle. I missed out on all those half price Amazon GCs.
For me, I would rather not have the ads.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The screen saver ads are great! I just had one with a sleuth looking at me through a huge magnifying glass, the ad was to buy a mystery or thriller for $1. Way better than the dead author screen savers on my other Kindle!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
For me, I would rather not have the ads.
Why? What do you find so fascinating about the rotating screens of dead authors?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
ucfgrad93
Wizard

Quote:
Why? What do you find so fascinating about the rotating screens of dead authors?
I would rather see pictures of people who actually wrote books than Oil of Olay ads.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
You didn't miss much. They happened only twice and the price drop in the KSO since then has more than wiped out any savings.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #11
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I was under the impression that eink screens had no need for screen blankers as they used a color shift technology to prevent burnin. I am still operating on the old school thinking with CRT's you needed screen blankers to prevent screen burn in, it seems to me that sinceh tadvent of LCDs and eink there are no need for screen blankers.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #12
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I was under the impression that eink screens had no need for screen blankers as they used a color shift technology to prevent burnin. I am still operating on the old school thinking with CRT's you needed screen blankers to prevent screen burn in, it seems to me that sinceh tadvent of LCDs and eink there are no need for screen blankers.
Well..... yes and no. Yes, CRTs had serious burn in and thus the need for a screensaver. No, LCDs do "burn in". It's not phosphor burn in like with a CRT, just a similar effect. Checkout an older ATM machine if you find one or a TV that's been on in a store 24/7 on CNN or something with a static portion for a long time. You can see it.

But, that's not the reason for screensavers anymore. It's decoration.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
You didn't miss much. They happened only twice and the price drop in the KSO since then has more than wiped out any savings.
3 times.

1/18/11
5/1/11
6/18/11

And price drops happen for everything except gold and comic books.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #14
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
how much lower can they drop the price of the KSO 3G?

$99 in September?

Last edited by ovaldisk; 07-25-2011 at 02:06 PM.
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
AthenaAtDelphi
"Gnothi Seauton"
AthenaAtDelphi doesn't litterAthenaAtDelphi doesn't litter

Device: Asus Eee 1000H, BeBook Mini, Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonamunda View Post
i dont have any idea
I love my ipad ...
And I rest my case .

AthenaAtDelphi is offline   Reply With Quote