Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
UI Font Size on Xubuntu?

I'm running Calibre on Xubuntu 10.04.

Works perfectly, but I need to increase the application font sizes (particularly column entries) -- and these are unaffected by changes in XFCE's settings manager, nor can I find a setting within Calibre itself (am I being blind?)

I believe that because Calibre is a QT4 app, and XFCE only adjusts GTK settings, that that is why there is no effect.

I tried qt3-qtconfig but that didn't work (QT3, I guess).

I tried qt4-qtconfig from this repository, and still no luck.

I restarted Calibre after trying both.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this without installing KDE?

Thanks,

cap
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Whoops. It looks like I had to run it with sudo. For some reason it wasn't installed such that it would ask -- and like a git, I didn't assume it...

So, solution: sudo qt4-qtconfig

cap

EDIT: now I'm not sure -- the configurator is not keeping the changes on restart... Can anyone educate me?

Last edited by capidamonte; 06-20-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
On my system the settings are managed b "qtconfig" and are stored in ~/.config/Trolltech.conf

You should not have to run it as root, in fact doing so is either going to change the settings for root or cause permissions problems in ~/.config
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
capidamonte

Guess that's the problem.

I can't install qtconfig for QT4 on my system -- there is a dependency foul-up in Synaptic. It is depending on a precise version of various libraries, but a newer version is going to be installed.

Code:
Depends: libqt4-qt3support but it is not going to be installed
  Depends: libqtcore4 (=4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5) but 4:4.6.3-0ubuntu1 is to be installed
  Depends: libqtgui4 (=4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5) but 4:4.6.3-0ubuntu1 is to be installed
Either I messed it up adding that PPA (since removed), or it's screwed at Ubuntu.

Thanks for the howto,

cap
Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
capidamonte

Got it!

I'd installed a later version from another repository when I installed SMplayer... Uninstalling it, and reducing my repositories to Ubuntu-managed ones and reinstalling gave me everything correctly.

Again, thanks for the hint,

cap
Old 06-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
capidamonte

EDIT: Yeah, I dorfed the conf file by running with sudo. Every problem after that was do to the file being owned by root.

Just pretend you never read any of this, and I may retain some dignity.

cap

Last edited by capidamonte; 06-21-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Tags
calibre, font size, gui, interface, text size