Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #76
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I've put up a new version that fixes the broken rotation menu, and autosaves the state (including last page read) whenever the program is backgrounded. I think the latter was only a problem on devices with multi-tasking.

I've also added an option to automatically zoom each cartoon panel to fit the screen. The advantage is that it makes the panel easier to read. The disadvantage is that the zoom can change with each panel, and it's harder to keep track of where you are on the page (although the page map icon in the bottom left helps with that). The panel detection algorithm gets it wrong from time to time, and having autozooming on makes things even more confusing then. Anyway, everyone can choose whether they want to use this feature or not.

Thanks to Pascal V for the bug reports and suggestions.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #77
readMax
Enthusiast
readMax began at the beginning.

Device: Pro612
Hi rkomar,

just a (stupid?) question:
will that software run also on a PB Pro612 (may be nearly the same as the 603)?

Thanks in advantage.

Max.
readMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #78
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readMax View Post
Hi rkomar,

just a (stupid?) question:
will that software run also on a PB Pro612 (may be nearly the same as the 603)?

Thanks in advantage.

Max.
It should. Get the Pro-360+ version, and not the 3XX version. It should be compatible with all of the recent models (Pro, 360+, Touch,...). I can only test it on a 902, so if anyone finds any incompatibilities on other models, please let me know.

The 3XX version is for the old 301, 302, 360 models. They use a different ABI, so the programs are not compatible with more recent models.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #79
readMax
Enthusiast
readMax began at the beginning.

Device: Pro612
Thanks for the very high speed answer :-)

Max.
readMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #80
Klapo
Klapo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5SE
hmmm, does it support password protected zip (cbz) or rar (cbr) files?
Klapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #81
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapo View Post
hmmm, does it support password protected zip (cbz) or rar (cbr) files?
No, it doesn't. I haven't looked at the APIs for the libzip and libunrar libraries, though. It might be easy to add support for that. I'll look into it and update this post when I find out.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #82
Klapo

Good luck then, should be easy : )
Also much thanks for effort.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #83
rkomar
Wizard

It looks like unrar and the latest version of libzip will accept a simple text password for decrypting files. Is that what you had in mind, or were you thinking about some more complicated DRM encryption scheme (like ADE)?

Unfortunately, dialogs are threaded in the InkView scheme, so you can't just get the password as you try to open the file. The logic would have to be completely reworked in that part of the code. I'll see how difficult it is to do that before I decide if I'll attempt it.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #84
Klapo

Nah, just simple ZipCrypto, AES-256...

Hmm, how about this:

When opening zip file, call function:
> zip_stat

when encryption method is used:
Ask for password (we can type it via pbkeyboard), save passwd to cache/ram and call function:
zip_fopen_index_encrypted

else, just zip_fopen_index like always.

What do you think about it? (Let's just ignore unrarlib (cause I don't know where I can find documentation ))
Old 10-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #85
rkomar
Wizard

The problem is, the function that invokes the dialog to get the password returns immediately and the program continues from there (without the password). When the dialog is finished, it returns the response via a callback function. So, there's no way to sit and wait for the password within the file opening code because no new input events will be handled until the process returns control back to the main InkView event loop. The code will have to be able to start the dialog, continue on without opening the file, and then re-try again from the callback function when the password is returned. Currently, it's all nested inside logic that assumes the opening either works or the program quits, with no second chances. It's rejigging that logic that's the difficulty.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #86
Klapo

Hmm, okay... I'll leave this to you, if you think that can be done I'll be glad, if not.. it can't be helped : )

Anyway thanks for checking it.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #87
elcico
elcico began at the beginning.

Device: poketbook 912, kindle 4 & pw2
Hello rkomar,
I bought the 912 poketbook only after discovering your app!
What do you think about an auto crop borders feature?
Sorry for my english... ciao
elcico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #88
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcico View Post
Hello rkomar,
I bought the 912 poketbook only after discovering your app!
What do you think about an auto crop borders feature?
Sorry for my english... ciao
I suppose it's possible now that the panel detection code is there, but it would add even more complexity to the image positioning code (which has become pretty complicated already). There is a feature for custom zooming using the stylus, and it was added for cropping the image width-wise. Have you tried using it? Maybe it's good enough for what you want.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #89
elcico
elcico began at the beginning.

Device: poketbook 912, kindle 4 & pw2
Yes, I tried it, but it's ok only if strips are centered in all pages, almost impossible... I think this feature would be welcome by many people
elcico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #90
rkomar
Wizard

Okay, I'll take a look. I'm pretty busy with my job these days, so it may be a while before I can get around to it.