Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Counterproductive Man by Jeff Inlo (Many formats, DRM Free)

Counterproductive Man is a fictional humor eBook available at Smashwords and Amazon.com DRM-free.

If you want to sample the first three chapters for free, you can download them in several different formats (epub, mobi, lit, html, txt, prc, pdf, pdb) at:

www.sitelane.com

Book Summary:
He works for the United States Federal Government to ensure a slower pace of progress. He believes in doing things the hard way, even the wrong way, but especially the inefficient way. To him, waste is just another way to utilize resources, and incompetence is a prized characteristic of human nature. He is… Counterproductive Man!

As a fully licensed agent of the government, it is his sworn duty to protect the interests of the United States by thwarting ingenuity and productivity. Utilizing his own methods of obstruction, he has accepted the role of a hero with enhanced capabilities. He can leap tall buildings with the aid of a magnetic jump pack, and he can break glass with his sonic disruptor pen. With every department of the United States Government at his disposal, he can bring swift retribution against those that oppose him.

Even though he does not work in secret, little is known about this masked crusader. For many inventors, he is simply the personification of oppressive bureaucracy. Technological advancement in product or process is Counterproductive Man’s enemy, and while he is not the brightest star in the Milky Way, he might be the most annoying.

In this story, the origins of his inefficient and combative partner unfold, as do the initial conflicts with his archenemy. Counterproductive Man learns to work with others, something he does not do well, and he feels the stinging pain of defeat. Still, this is a hero that embodies the domineering perseverance of any government agency bent on having its way. He will fight his adversary to the end in order to defeat unbridled progress and to remain true to his name… Counterproductive!

As always, thank you for your interest in my work,

Jeff Inlo

Last edited by jinlo; 08-17-2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: per author's request
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations on the new book, Jeff. I look forward to reading this on my back patio this summer.

As always, thank you for publishing your work without DRM, geographic restriction, and in multiple formats.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Congratulations on the new book, Jeff. I look forward to reading this on my back patio this summer.

As always, thank you for publishing your work without DRM, geographic restriction, and in multiple formats.
Thanks, dreams. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

The price for Counterproductive Man is now $.99 at Amazon and Smashwords.

I also created a coupon that I wanted to try out for Smashwords that should allow you to download it for free through the end of August.

The Smashwords coupon code is YU99R and expires Aug 31.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the coupon.

You can find the book at:

Smashwords

Amazon

Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
He believes in doing things the hard way, even the wrong way, but especially the inefficient way. To him, waste is just another way to utilize resources, and incompetence is a prized characteristic of human nature. He is… Counterproductive Man!
Wait, wait. Are you spying on my boss? I laughed out loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
The Smashwords coupon code is YU99R and expires Aug 31.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the coupon.

You can find the book at:

Smashwords

Amazon
Smashwords coupon works. Also purchased at Amazon. Looks fun!

Last edited by queentess; 08-17-2010 at 11:56 AM.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Wait, wait. Are you spying on my boss? I laughed out loud

Smashwords coupon works. Also purchased at Amazon. Looks fun!
I have indeed been spying on your boss. Unfortunately, your boss has also been cloned... multiple times... and these clones have taken management positions all over the world.

Thanks for letting me know the coupon worked and thanks for purchasing it as well. You deserve a better boss.