Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool PaperWhite & Fire 2nd Gen MOBIs don't need an inline TOC

I've just discovered that my PaperWhite and my Fire 2nd Gen MOBIs don't need an inline TOC. The reader software picks up the internal TOC!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
Can you explain further I have a book Wired that wont show toc on kindle for iOS and not sure what the issue is. Works fine on pw and kindle for Mac.
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool explain further

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitrucz View Post
Can you explain further I have a book Wired that wont show toc on kindle for iOS and not sure what the issue is. Works fine on pw and kindle for Mac.
I'll try, but know this, I know absolutely nothing about Kindle for iOS. I use a both Sigil and Calibre on a Win 7 machine. I edit epubs with Sigil and generate the internal TOC with it. Then I use Calibre to convert my epub to mobi. Unless you've altered the preferences Calibre Generates an in-line TOC and adds it to the output as the last page in the mobi. So then you have two TOCs, the internal one that Sigil generated and the in-line one that Calibre added during conversion. That's the one that does not seem to be needed if the mobi is to be read on the two devices I mentioned. So I set the preferences in Calibre to not write that in-line TOC and the mobi works fine on those devices (probably more too that I'm not aware of).

Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I can see how you'd be excited if you just figured it out, but I gotta ask... where ya been, man?

It is quite liberating, though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool a week ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can see how you'd be excited if you just figured it out, but I gotta ask... where ya been, man?

It is quite liberating, though.
I just got the PW a week ago and the Fire I don't even like to read on.

Advert