Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
Deb
Connoisseur
Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Greetings from sunny Sacramento

Just got the link to this forum and am excited about rejoining a community of readers! I'm hoping to get some of my questions re: Calibre answered as I go along in order to make my boof organizing as neat as possible.

Trivia question - anybody here know the origin of 'boof'?
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Deband welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Deb!

Sorry, I don't know Boof!

While you're here be sure and check out all the free ebooks you can download for your Sony HERE.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
Deb
Connoisseur
Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Deb!

Sorry, I don't know Boof!

[/URL].

Happy Reading!
Way back in the day of BBSystems, someone (probably in the SF/FAN or SF boards) mistyped 'book' as 'boof' and it stuck. I was hoping that perhaps some of those who used to hang out on those boards might have found their way here. We had a number of authors, including John DeChancie, Steven Brust, Joel Rosenberg and Lawrence Watt-Evans, as well as the 'normal' SF/FAN readers. (Don't call it Sci-Fi!)

I'm always hoping to make contact with some of them again, tho' it's been close on to 10 years since then...
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert