Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
khonshu
khonshu began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Last book in series

Is there a plugin or something that can let me know the last book number in a serie from a template? Most of my series have just a few books, some are bigger get up to 30 books... but just a few are huge (more than a hundred books).

I've been trying to write a template like this {series}/{series_index}-{title} where series index has one, two or more digits based on the last book in the series but anything apart from a custom LBIS column (manual input) which is very tedious to maintain I have no clue...

Any help would be apreciated.

TIA,
Khonshu
khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There isn't any way to do what you want other than the one you mentioned. Reason: a template can see the metadata for the book being processed. It cannot see metadata for any other book or for the database in general.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
khonshu
khonshu began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
I was afraid that would be the answer... Thanks anyway.

Khonshu
khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you sort by popularity it should be easier to find and mark the larger series.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote