Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #136
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyStar View Post
Hey,
I do not get it, it says in the FAQ:
5. Copy the relevant bin for your Kindle to the root folder (see list below).

Which list? I do not see the list telling me which files to copy. I have a kindle DXG. Am I blind?

please copy the "rtm0.5.13.8942 Beta0520\升级包\DXG升级包" in installation package and the DK documents,
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #137
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabi View Post
My kindle had a screen issue and amazon replaced it.
. The new one does have OS 3.2.1
I had duokan in the old one and do not want to change it. Is there any way available to install it
TY

install it from www.duokan.com
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #138
Fabi
Fabi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy2011 View Post
install it from www.duokan.com
Tracy
My new OS version 3.2.1 does not support duokan without the ( break the upgrade package) as said in duokans page, but the link is broken, so i can not get the .rar. I have already tried to do it without this program but there is no way. As i said ( copy from duokan really) before there is no need to jailbrake with this rar. As you are duokan staff, can you put a link to this
break the upgrade package.rar
ty
Fabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #139
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnx88 View Post
Sure, I'll post it.

Also, another question Tracy. I managed to get Kindle Lite working, however how do I pan the text when zoomed in in Duokan??

Kindle allows precise panning of the document when zoomed in by holding down Shift + Direction arrow, such as left or right and the text will move by tiny increments, which is VERY convenient. Duokan seems to only do giant pan jumps, such as when you just hit left or right in Kindle without holding down Shift.

This is badly needed when reading PDFs with columns of text in them.

Thanks.

Because your dictionary has some problems, doesn't apply our requese. So ,change this dictionary.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #140
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabi View Post
Tracy
My new OS version 3.2.1 does not support duokan without the ( break the upgrade package) as said in duokans page, but the link is broken, so i can not get the .rar. I have already tried to do it without this program but there is no way. As i said ( copy from duokan really) before there is no need to jailbrake with this rar. As you are duokan staff, can you put a link to this
break the upgrade package.rar
ty

http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-16541-1-1.html
it's the newest link, you can download from the up , thank you!
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #141
kanesa
kanesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G)
Does Duokan let you customize screensavers?
kanesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #142
infernogott
infernogott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
of course
infernogott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #143
dierapunzel
dierapunzel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I've a small question. Duokan will treat all files with a format that it suports in the lowest folder as books, right? Is there a way to tell it to ignore certain folders?

I use the Kindle OS for Amazon books and Duokan OS for books in other formats and languages.

Natually, when I change screensavers I want to change them in both systems. For Duokan it's simple, just copy pictures to the "savers" folder. For the Kindle OS, I had to install jailbreak and screensaver's hack (kindle-ss-0.22.N).

Duokan, JB, and SS hack are all up and working fine. However, there's a little problem that troubles me.

I put new screensavers for Kindle OS in linkss\screensavers folder, they display nicely. But when I switch to Duokan system, Duokan recognizes all my new pictures in that folder, as well as the original portraits stored in the "backup" folder, as books. I had over 200 hundred new SS and each of them are showed as a book in Duokan book list and jamed it up.

I tried to go to settings and let Duokan use the Kindle OS screensavers(default Duokan is to use self defined SS, you can change that), whitch are now in linkss. I thought once Duokan draws screensavers from "linkss\screensavers" folder, it should know those puctures are not books. But no, those picture names were still on the book list.

At the end I have to reduce the number of SS for Kindle OS to less than five in order to clean up the Duokan booklist.

Is there a way out of the mess? I believe I'm not the only person that would use both systems...
dierapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #144
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanesa View Post
Does Duokan let you customize screensavers?

Yes ,you can change your screen, but i don't know where you want to customize?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #145
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierapunzel View Post
I've a small question. Duokan will treat all files with a format that it suports in the lowest folder as books, right? Is there a way to tell it to ignore certain folders?

I use the Kindle OS for Amazon books and Duokan OS for books in other formats and languages.

Natually, when I change screensavers I want to change them in both systems. For Duokan it's simple, just copy pictures to the "savers" folder. For the Kindle OS, I had to install jailbreak and screensaver's hack (kindle-ss-0.22.N).

Duokan, JB, and SS hack are all up and working fine. However, there's a little problem that troubles me.

I put new screensavers for Kindle OS in linkss\screensavers folder, they display nicely. But when I switch to Duokan system, Duokan recognizes all my new pictures in that folder, as well as the original portraits stored in the "backup" folder, as books. I had over 200 hundred new SS and each of them are showed as a book in Duokan book list and jamed it up.

I tried to go to settings and let Duokan use the Kindle OS screensavers(default Duokan is to use self defined SS, you can change that), whitch are now in linkss. I thought once Duokan draws screensavers from "linkss\screensavers" folder, it should know those puctures are not books. But no, those picture names were still on the book list.

At the end I have to reduce the number of SS for Kindle OS to less than five in order to clean up the Duokan booklist.

Is there a way out of the mess? I believe I'm not the only person that would use both systems...

You use two systems ,duokan Lite and duokan ,or duokan and Kindle?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #146
dierapunzel
dierapunzel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
You use two systems ,duokan Lite and duokan ,or duokan and Kindle?
Duokan and Kindle
dierapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #147
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner84 View Post
They can install it now. That post is obsolete..
ok!have a try
Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 AM   #148
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierapunzel View Post

I put new screensavers for Kindle OS in linkss\screensavers folder, they display nicely. But when I switch to Duokan system, Duokan recognizes all my new pictures in that folder, as well as the original portraits stored in
the "backup" folder, as books. I had over 200 hundred new SS and each of them are showed as a book in Duokan book list and jamed it up.

ok,I will discuss with our staff.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:02 AM   #149
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Because your dictionary has some problems, doesn't apply our requese. So ,change this dictionary.
The mesu should show all the pictures and files' name.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #150
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
I am feeling pleased with myself as I have just successfully installed the full version of Duokan on my new Kindle 3g EU version with Firmware 3.2.1.

This was a little complicated in so far as I had to trawl through some of the chinese forums to work out what to do:

Look at http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-24049-1-1.html Note: when I used Chrome browser the page auto loaded with the option to translate to English which was how I deciphered it!

Get the .rar file indicated in the post.

Look at Flip's site http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/

Download the English pre-configured package. You need the DK folders from this archive.

Next follow http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-7709-1-2.html

It all proceeded just as the forum suggested.

Last edited by pdagenius; 08-21-2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Add info about translation
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle