Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do we read with a smart phone or dedicated ereader?
Smart Phone 25 16.34%
EReader 128 83.66%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2017, 06:07 AM   #61
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
what happened to eink phones?
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #62
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
What do we all read with?
Definitely ebook readers, due to eye care. Besides, reading on a smartphone in full sun is not one of the nicest and easiest tasks.
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:06 AM   #63
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by pata View Post
Yotaphone is still building those and from what I have heard a yotaphone 3 is underdevelopment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQkCbftjnH0/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:50 AM   #64
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
As it happens, I don't own a smartphone. I divide my reading between the iPad and the Kobo, so really you need a 3rd option and let people select as many as applies to them.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #65
prp3theauthor
PRP3 The Author
prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prp3theauthor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I usually read with an eReader app on my smart phone. I used to have a laptop, phone, and an eReader (Nook, then an Amazon Fire Tab) but I consolidated it all into one for convenience.
prp3theauthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:44 PM   #66
RichL
Evangelist
RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: back to x51v
Samsung note 3 with Moon+ Reader. Tried most of the dedicated readers and they just don't work for me. Mostly it is a size / proportion problem but background tint often figured into it as well.
RichL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:07 PM   #67
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I've just gone through about 2 or 3 months reading almost exclusively on my phone. I've found that to be more workable than I expected. It limits me to short reading sessions but I only need a small break before starting another session and that turns out to be a good time to ponder what I'm reading.

Starting about 2 weeks ago I've gone back to reading on my ereaders; first my Kobo and now my Paperwhite. I ain't going back to the phone.

Actually that's not totally true. I'll continue to read with the phone when I'm away for short periods because the phone is always with me and it really is a decent way to read. But the ereader, to my mind, is just a nicer and more comfortable way to read, and it's certainly easier on my eyes.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #68
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I still prefer to read on my eink ereader as it's easier on my eyes. However, I thought of one advantage to using a phone - if you can't remember where you left it in your house, you can call it from your landline and find it
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #69
Albin
Albin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I travel a lot and very much enjoy reading books on my Kobo Aura H2O. Even when traveling I have with me a laptop and smartphone but prefer the e-reader for reading anything longer than an e-mail.
Albin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #70
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
My answer is both and neither. I have several devices I can read from and I utilize all of them depending on what is most convient and most comfortable. I read on my smartphone (Xperia Z1 compact) when I'm out and about. My iPad is best for manga. My preferred at home reader switches between my Fire HDX (white text on black background) and my Kindle 4 (lighter), which will probably change after I get my Kindle Oasis today. I don't travel often, but I expect the Oasis will replace the Fire for that as well. I use my iPad for annotating pdfs since I prefer the larger screen, apps, and Pencil for that.
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote