Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #31
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
A rooted nook color is ideal as a comic reader. (The iPad is the best, IMO) I bought one specifically to be able to read comics and magazines in pdf, cbz, and cbr format. Beautiful. Rooting a nook color is very straight-forward and if you can copy pictures off of the SD card of your camera, you have 90% of the skill needed to root a nook color.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #32
brennivin
brennivin began at the beginning.

Device: Augen - The Book, Coby Kyros MID7015
Wow, sorry about raising the dead here. This thread came up in a search I was doing for something, didn't realize it's age. But hey, two years ago the landscape was vastly different in the mobile market, maybe it needed some revisiting
brennivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #33
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Hmm, Have you considered using something like the Nokia Internet Tablets n800/n810.
They aren't that expensive, between $200 to $400.

There is a app called Evince Document Viewer available for it that appears to support CBR & CBZ files.

I haven't tried it personally yet as my N800 hasn't arrived yet, but will update when I get the chance.

Can someone who has one of these tablets comment on on its usability when viewing comics.

Edit:
my horrible spelling strikes again.
I have an n900 and I think the screen would be too small to (comfortably) read comics on. The OP requested a device that would allow him (?) to read a full page at a time.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:29 AM   #34
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
How about an enTourage eDGe? See this thread for the discussion in their forum: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ighlight=manga

I don't read many comics/graphic novels myself, so can't vouch for it, but the size is right, and apparently many owners have gotten good results.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote