Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 03:08 AM   #16
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine Giacomo View Post
I use FB to promote my writing; that's all I mention on my status updates, and most of my friends are other authors. There are no pix of me there, just cover art. I'm not even "friends" with my husband. :P I do have a fan page as well. But FB is a tool to me, and as Stitchawl said, we should use tools, not the other way around. I've cleared out my info as much as possible, since it's not really relevant to my writing anyway.

Also, FWIW, I ran across this post on how to permanently delete your FB account a few days ago. In case anyone's actually going to go that route, here's apparently how it works.
Thank you for this information... I have now deleted my account at FB..

When I just clicked on the link, it took me to my login page, but right clicking on it, took me to the delete page... For the last many months my account had only been deactivated.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #17
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
I checked my FB account, and there's nothing on there that I would be embarrassed or concerned about being in public. That's likely because I've learned that, if it's on the web, you may as well consider it public. So I'm very, very selective about what goes on the web, as I don't trust computer security. And that says a lot from someone who's worked in the industry for 20+ years. My opinion of computer is, if it's got power, and it's electronic, it can be hacked. Even more so on the web. So I treat everything as potentially unsafe, and handle my security accordingly, and ultimately do pretty darned good that way.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #18
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
who needs Facebook .... stay tuned for the all new Applebook
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote