Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
paul1403
Exertion Avoider
paul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Eco-Reader, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy S2
Hello from Australia

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to buy a ebook reader in the (near-ish) future, and have joined this forum to get some advice and tips on which one is the best (or at least, not the worst). Trouble is, here in Oz the choice is rather limited. Unless you want to buy something unknown and possibly unsupported on Ebay, there is not a huge range to choose from. Anyway, I have narrowed down the choice to a couple of brands, and I hope to make a final decision soon. I'm sure the good folk here will be of great help.

See ya on the flip side...

Paul
Canberra, Australia
paul1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Paul!

Good luck with the reader decision. If you have any questions about your possibile choices, you might want to post them in the Which One Should I Buy? forum. Sometimes it helps to talk it out with people in the know!!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Dalwyn
Dalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader
Welcome to the forum.
Dalwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'day Paul and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #5
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Welcome.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #6
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
I'm from Australia as well. I'm also considering getting an ebook reader, but not sure about it yet. The main problem I have with my phone is the small screen size. I use very large text, so I'm lucky to get five lines of text on each page. It's something I can put up with, though. It's a pity ebook reading doesn't seem to have taken off much here in Australia yet. Good luck with your ebook reader search.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:35 AM   #7
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Hey Paul, welcome There's a wealth of information here.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:36 AM   #8
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Hello Paul1403,

You'll find there are quite of few of us in Australia and some of us have more than one reader.
Last month I ordered my HanLinV5 and EcoReader on the web and got them quickly by Australia Post from DA Direct in Melbourne.
They're opening an ebookstore next month too. So it's getting easier to read ebooks in Australia all the time.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
They're opening an ebookstore next month too. So it's getting easier to read ebooks in Australia all the time.
YAY!
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote