Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
nanaof2
nanaof2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
book transfer question

I don't know if i'm posting this is the right section or not but here is my question: I was using my son's Coby Kyros and paid for and downloaded an e-book, when I bought the book I clicked on the Aldiko E-Book app which then took me to Feedbooks which is where I bought the book. I just got myself a Kindle Fire and was wondering if there was anyway I could transfer that book from the Coby to the Kindle?
Can someone tell me if this can be done?
nanaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
If Feedbooks is anything like Smashwords they may have a mobi version you can download.

I would go back to the site log in from your PC and see what formats are available. Epubs with out drm can be converted to Kindle format using Calibre.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Blossom is correct however I would like to expand on what blossom had to say. The real difference between ereaders are the formats that they can read. The kindle reads AZW or Mobi formats, these are semi proprietary formats, meaning that they are unique to kindles however anyone can translate files into that format without paying royalties to amazon. What you need to do is to ensure the book is in either mobi or azw format and if its not then download Calibre from calibre-ebook.com and that can translate to the mobi format. The other thing you need to do is to look at what formats kryos can read and make sure that you have the book in a format that the cryos can read as well. Again Calibre can help with the matter.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
nanaof2

oh this is so over my head :/
will I have to pay for the book again..if so I will just keep reading it on my son's Coby.
it looks like: Epub and DRM Protection
Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
nanaof2

I also found this:

All free books on Feedbooks are available in a Kindle compatible format (for both Kindle devices and mobile applications), but due to the closed nature of the Kindle ecosystem, none of the files available on our store are compatible with the Kindle.

To download a book in a Kindle compatible format, click on the book's name and then select the "Kindle" download option.

Mobile Website

You can also easily browse Feedbooks on your Kindle using our mobile website: http://m.feedbooks.com
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the book has drm then your best bet is to install Aldiko on your fire and redownload the book and read it on there.

I believe 1mobile has it for download. You will need to activate your ADE ID on Aldiko before downloading.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can put Aldiko on your Kindle Fire so you can read the book the same way you did on the Coby.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
nanaof2

I will try putting the Aldiko on the KF and see what happens I guess.

and dummy me, while on Feedbooks looking to see what format Marie Osmond's book was, I clicked on ANOTHER one of her books just to see what it was..clicked download thinking it would show me if it was for kindle format and bought the dang book by mistake!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize the site kept your info handy..I thought I was safe and if wanted to download another book it would ask for my info again....UGH and they have no number to call just a thing to send a request..I did so I will see what happens
Old 09-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
nanaof2

Blossom - I just go to 1mobile on my KF and download Aldiko from there is that what you mean?
Old 09-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
nanaof2

ok, went to 1mobile and downloaded the app, then downloaded Aldiko, then to the "store" which is Feedbooks..found the book, hit "download" it wanted me to sign in for the ADE ID....put my id in and this is what came up : ERROR Failed to Authorize Device.
now what do I do...do I need to put something else on the KF
under my settings I see there is Adobe Air and also Adobe Flash Player 10.3
Old 09-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaof2 View Post
ok, went to 1mobile and downloaded the app, then downloaded Aldiko, then to the "store" which is Feedbooks..found the book, hit "download" it wanted me to sign in for the ADE ID....put my id in and this is what came up : ERROR Failed to Authorize Device.
now what do I do...do I need to put something else on the KF
under my settings I see there is Adobe Air and also Adobe Flash Player 10.3
No you should be able to under Aldiko's settings have the option to login into your ADE account. If you keep getting an error it could be you've used up all your activations. In which case you will need to deactivate another device first then try again or submit a ticket to Adobe to reset your activation limit.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
nanaof2

I'm not good with this stuff...so please don't get mad at me ok

how do I "deactivate another device"?

and if that doesn't work where do I go to ask Adobe to reset my activation limit?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
nanaof2

see, I got that Error also on my son's Coby at first when I tried to put the book on his..but I don't know what I did and the next thing I know it was working on his Coby.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
nanaof2

omg...I was using the wrong ID to sign into the Adobe and guess what...I got my book on the KF and it works!!!!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all your help
Old 09-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaof2 View Post
omg...I was using the wrong ID to sign into the Adobe and guess what...I got my book on the KF and it works!!!!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all your help
Yay! Don't worry I would never get mad at someone needing help. That's what this forum is here for. I'm happy you got it working! We all start somewhere and learn from there. There's is also Mantano for epubs but Aldiko is pretty good.

Your problem is one of the reasons I liberate my books so I can put them on any device I own and not deal with the drm headache.