Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
Zoot
Connoisseur
Zoot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Loose change -> books!

Since Amazon gift certificates now seem to work for buying Kindle books, I went around the house and collected up the jars of loose change that have built up over the past few years, the box with the ersatz state-quarters collection, etc. and schlepped them down to the local supermarket where they have one of those automated CoinStar machines and converted them into a $250 amazon GC, which should cover Kindle stuff for a while

CoinStar normally charges you like 9% if you want cash, but if you're willing to take a gift card or e-certificate for one of a number of retailers then you get 100%. You can do a search on their web site (www.coinstar.com) for locations of machines that have Amazon GCs as an option.

Z.
Zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
now that is cool...clean out under the cushions of the couch and between the seats in your car and ya got a bunch of new books....

BTW, if you have an account at Union Bank they have change counters they do not charge you to use. I am not sure is anyone can use them w/o a fee though...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
spanky
spanky began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
coinstar is a ton of fun to use and I think I may have to put all the coins I can find together to help fund my kindle needs.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
one thing I foudn about Coinstar counters is they have a faily high error rate on half-dollar and dollar coins...last time I used one it was like a 90% error rate as in 10-12/15-16 coins were miss valued. I trust what is basically the same machine in the lobby of my bank more then I do coinstar...but only slightly more...hehehehe...

Still it's like playing the slots...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I'm really grateful for this bit of information. Especially since I have a nearly full jar of coins which will take care of my purchases for a while, too.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert