Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
sdm7g
sdm7g began at the beginning.

Device: kindle,iPhone,iPad
custom columns in device view ?

Is there a way to add custom columns in the device view as well as the library view ?

( I have about a hundred back issues of the New Yorker that all show up in the device browser as "The New Yorker" -- no date or other info to pick out the one
issue I'm looking for. )

I've also just noticed (after plugging in a different Kindle) that ALL of the issues are
marked as being in the Library when they clearly are not. I assume it's figuring that by
Title and all of the issues have the same Title.

- sdm

Last edited by sdm7g; 05-02-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: discovered another associated issue
sdm7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved out of Development. The sticky https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122042 should have been read before posting.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
sdm7g
sdm7g began at the beginning.

Device: kindle,iPhone,iPad
Sorry: since I did not see any customization options for this, I was anticipating that the answer would involve hacking the either the gui or metadata code.

-sdm
sdm7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there's no way to do it, short of editing the code. No calibre developer is interested in doing this, but if you are, instructions for setting up a development environment and hacking on the code are in the User Manual.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote