Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #1
Wizard-mag
Enthusiast
Wizard-mag began at the beginning.

Two subscription issues

I have 2 two issues with the thread subscriptions:
  1. Could it be arranged that each user could set in his Control Panel the weekday in which he would like to receive the weekly e-mail updates of the threads he/she is subscribed to?

I would really appreciate it since I usually read the updates on weekends and as it is now, I receive the updates on Tuesday, which is almost immediately after the weekend.

I have been searching the vBulletin documentation to find if this is possible, but they don't really give in-depth details on their system so I have been unable to find out.

2. Let's say that I am subscribed to a thread and I have set the e-mail updates to none. On which events is the subscribed thread marked as read for me? I thought it is only when I visit the thread, but I am not so sure now. Doesn't it happen also on simple login?

And if I have set the e-mail updates of the subscribed thread to something else than none, I suppose the subscribed thread is also marked as read for me on the sending of the update?
Wizard-mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:37 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hey Wizard,

Those are good questions. Let's see...

1) You are correct, the weekly updates are all processed on Tuesday's. There is no option change the update on an individual basis, but, I am open to change the weekday.

2) Currently, it's cookie based, so even on simple logins a thread will be marked read after a certain time individual. I know, it's lame, and we are going to improve this with a forum upgrade which is due soon. And no, as far as I understood, the threads will not be marked read upon receiving the subscription e-mail since it's really just cookie based.

Best,
Alex
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
Wizard-mag
Enthusiast
Wizard-mag began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
You are correct, the weekly updates are all processed on Tuesday's. There is no option change the update on an individual basis, but, I am open to change the weekday.
Well, if no one minds, I would be glad if you could set it on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. However, if someone needs the Tuesday, I shall cope with it somehow.

As I understand from the latter part of your post, it will probably be the only way to keep up with the subscribed threads for me.

Thank you very much indeed.
Wizard-mag is offline   Reply With Quote