Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ok to upload your own work?

My wife's first book is available for free on Smashwords, but I spent quite a bit of time manually formatting a MOBI version for Amazon and EPUB version for B&N.

I'd like to upload these versions to the library but it seems like most of the uploads are "established" authors and/or classics. I didn't see anything in the Guidelines about it so I thought I'd ask before posting. I don't want to step on any toes.

Thanks,
Chris.
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Congratulations to your wife! And you are a sweetie to be so supportive of her. Until a mod or someone comes along to answer your question, will you post a link to her book on Smashwords for us?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd be glad to! (I already posted in the "Self-Promotion" thread so I'm trying not to seem like I'm spamming the forum with advertising).

As far as supporting her - yes. Fully. The deal is she handles the writing and I'll take care of the website, the formatting, the "publishing" etc. It gives me a reason to learn new geek tricks anyway.

You can find the first book for free here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/46470
If you like it, the second is only a dollar.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I think this is relevant to your question; from the mobileread Wiki ...

Quote:
An author or owner of a copyright determines what can be done with a document. An author can choose to place their work in the public domain or may choose any of several alternatives such as the GNU copyleft agreement or the Creative Commons license.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
chrisanthropic
Fiend

@Geoffc - I definitely have my wife's permission and the book has been released under CC anyhow. I was more concerned with the forum rules for uploading self-published works.

@DixieGal - the smashwords version of the book can be found for free here.

(I tried to reply with the link earlier but that post is still awaiting moderator approval)

Last edited by chrisanthropic; 04-13-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Yes, it's fine to upload your own books here - provided that they are free, of course.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I have uploaded some CC works already (by people I don't know personally), and we've had some authors uploading their own works too.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
chrisanthropic
Fiend

Great, thanks for the clarification!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisanthropic View Post
As far as supporting her - yes. Fully. The deal is she handles the writing and I'll take care of the website, the formatting, the "publishing" etc. It gives me a reason to learn new geek tricks anyway.
My husband and I have the same arrangement. He writes, and I take care of the rest. It's been fun to work on projects together!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
chrisanthropic
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
It's been fun to work on projects together!
I agree completely. I'ts been especially good since I've been deployed this past year - it gives me something to do in my down time to make the time pass faster and it gives us something to work on together regardless of the fact that we're thousands of miles apart.