Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
For those with Dolphin HD 4.3

I did an update to the Dolphin HD Browser 4.3 and apparently you lose the pinch and zoom functionality. Attached is the apk you can use to revert back to 4.2.
Attached Files
File Type: rar mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser-V4.2.0.rar (1.08 MB, 285 views)
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by debteb View Post
I did an update to the Dolphin HD Browser 4.3 and apparently you lose the pinch and zoom functionality. Attached is the apk you can use to revert back to 4.2.
Yes, some may need this. Always read the change log before you update something. In this case, it tells you that you lose pinch and zoom on the NOOKcolor. The link to the previous version is also provided in the notes.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I've got 4.2.......and I like pinch to zoom......,guess I'm glad I've ignored the updates......I haven't actually updated any app yet............ Thanks for the info...,

And I'll be sure to read what actually is involved with any updates.......I've got 6 or so that have notified me that updates are available...,

Last edited by The Joker; 01-16-2011 at 07:08 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
AzB
AzB doesn't litterAzB doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yes, some may need this. Always read the change log before you update something. In this case, it tells you that you lose pinch and zoom on the NOOKcolor. The link to the previous version is also provided in the notes.
That note in the release notes was added after the fact. It wasn't there when I updated.

I emailed him right away to let him know. He replied that the problem would be fixed in the next release.

Az
AzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzB View Post
That note in the release notes was added after the fact. It wasn't there when I updated.

I emailed him right away to let him know. He replied that the problem would be fixed in the next release.

Az
Ahh, we have you to thank! Certainly worthy of Karma.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Thankfully the note was there when I tried and I skipped the update.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
Rasenganfan2
Rasenganfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
How does one load this app? I'm new to Android, with this little rooted Nook of mine being my first foray into the OS. I have no clue how to sideload.
Rasenganfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenganfan2 View Post
How does one load this app? I'm new to Android, with this little rooted Nook of mine being my first foray into the OS. I have no clue how to sideload.
The Dolphin browser is in the market, you don't have to side load that app....

Definitely a must have, much better than the standard NC browser...
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Rasenganfan2

Yeah, I know it's in the Market, I downloaded it, along with Opera Mini and Skyfire. I upgraded to 4.3 on Dolphin, and need to know how to sideload to get mah pinch-to-zoom back.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenganfan2 View Post
Yeah, I know it's in the Market, I downloaded it, along with Opera Mini and Skyfire. I upgraded to 4.3 on Dolphin, and need to know how to sideload to get mah pinch-to-zoom back.
First open NOOkcolor Tools app and check the box next to "Allow non-Market Apps". Install Astro File Manager (if you haven't). Put the file on your SD card. Use the file manager to navigate to the file. Click on it and it will install. If you want you can uninstall the other version of the browser first.

If you get an error message when trying to install, then go back to NOOKcolor Tools and uncheck and re-check the box.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Does anyone know how to get pinch to zoom working in Skyfire? I read somewhere that it supports it, but I have yet to figure out how. I like Dolphin HD much better, but every now and then I like the video support in Skyfire.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #12
Rasenganfan2

Thank you very much for the assistance. As soon as I get my mom to buy a new microSD for her, I can have her 1gig.... mwahahaha.
On the subject of Dolphin, anybody notice how it looks like Google's Chrome?