Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #46
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I can't see an "only" in the profile details. And I don't remember Zelda being on oath to tell nothing but the whole truth.
It is true that the Queen possesses an Ebookwise 1150. I have seen it with my own eyes.
However, there may be reasons of state why she does not list all the devices that she may (or may not) possess.
See below .... *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ah ! well in that case, i've got no objections.

spandaneous combustion ??? oh noes !
is that dressed in spandex, or listening to spandau ballet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
A Lady does not lie. History just rewrites itself around her.
She did not say 'let them eat cake' but 'feel free with my head - you peasants'....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
That's the thanks I get for protectin' a Queen's reputation.....And her throne...

Pffft... Red
See below .... *

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Zelda: just for clarification, do you possess or indeed in want for a Sony PRS-700? Or any other Sony Reader model?
* She cannot say - she must have signed a french official secrets act - to tell means she'll have to kill us all ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Is that an umlaut over the "i"?
nope , just a 'dot' .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #47
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
See below .... *

She did not say 'let them eat cake' but 'feel free with my head - you peasants'....

See below .... *

* She cannot say - she must have signed a french official secrets act - to tell means she'll have to kill us all ....

nope , just a 'dot' .....

Makes me think of a Benny Hill joke where a MP got drunk and loudly referred to the PM as a "blithering idiot". He was sentenced to a fine of 10 pounds for being drunk and disorderly, and sentenced to 10 years for violating the Official Secrets Act....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #48
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahammer View Post
she lies to us? time for regicide yet?
It's always time for regicide. Only way to speed things up, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
However, there may be reasons of state why she does not list all the devices that she may (or may not) possess.
I though disclosing the Monarch's reading devices was treasonable. Therefore punishable by three nights drinking with Adrian (unless you are pshrynk, in which case it is three nights not drinking with Adrian). Unfortunately this is a lesser punishment after the intervention of the Geneva convention as I believe it used to require baby sitting the SHUMs in the mornings after the nights before.

Quote:
sheesh, y'all seem to play it awfully fast and loose with all those -cide words...
Ummm.... regicide does mean the elimination of a rather annoying bit of Windows that slows everything up, doesn't it?

Quote:
ladies, gentlemen, gibbons, psocks, etc., i present you with peverel, secret lovechild of schrödinger.
Are you sure? I thought there was also some Heisenberg there as well.

Quote:
Press into as in, badger constantly until she agrees...
Badgers are black and white furry critters, yes? You're not secretly trying to acutelate the royal one, are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Actually I believe that would be President, not King that gets the free jellybeans.
I thought Le Président just got the cheese (or is it that they're the big cheese?)

Quote:
Is that an umlaut over the "i"?
No. They're just surprised to see you.

Quote:
spandaneous combustion ??? oh noes !
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Or the result of furious dancing to Spandau Ballet whilst wearing Spandex?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #49
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Who is this Reggie and why are we making him drink fruity drinks?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #50
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
It's always time for regicide. Only way to speed things up, if you ask me.

No, that's RegisAde, the fruit punch of royalty, made by, for, and of them.

I though disclosing the Monarch's reading devices was treasonable. Therefore punishable by three nights drinking with Adrian (unless you are pshrynk, in which case it is three nights not drinking with Adrian). Unfortunately this is a lesser punishment after the intervention of the Geneva convention as I believe it used to require baby sitting the SHUMs in the mornings after the nights before.

I'm sure there would be much less crime in the Queendom if this were enforced regularly! But, that might put Red out of a job, and nobody wants that!!

Ummm.... regicide does mean the elimination of a rather annoying bit of Windows that slows everything up, doesn't it?

"...bit of windows..." should have read "...bit of inbreeding...", present Queen excepted.

Are you sure? I thought there was also some Heisenberg there as well.

He was a pound kitty, so there could be any number of species involved. Pound kitties, BTW, make good eating!

Badgers are black and white furry critters, yes? You're not secretly trying to acutelate the royal one, are you?

Badgers are black and white and red all over? Newspaper! They control the 4th estate now! These cute little animals are going to be the death of print journalism, because they don't have thumbs and poor typing skillz.

I thought Le Président just got the cheese (or is it that they're the big cheese?)

I like cheese.

No. They're just surprised to see you.

Just don't shake their hand.

Or the result of furious dancing to Spandau Ballet whilst wearing Spandex?

It will look like a tire blowout on a hot summer freeway!
It says I must put more words into this message.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #51
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
I love the add for RegisAde where Queen Z jumping thru a wall .
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #52
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahammer View Post
I love the add for RegisAde where Queen Z jumping thru a wall .
It sure beats the previous campaign with two brain dead guys sitting in a car at a drive thru are discussing their love for RegisAde in a not-homosexual, not-heterosexual, just creepy closeness sort of way.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #53
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I found a new photo of our Queen Z wearing her Beret!!
Name:  psockpuppet2berret.png
Views: 447
Size:  26.4 KB

And another one with her Stetson!!
Name:  psockpuppet2stetson.png
Views: 438
Size:  27.7 KB

Last edited by Godzil; 07-11-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: typo
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #54
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i think i look quite dashing with them, don't you agree ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
I found a new photo of our Queen Z wearing here Beret!!
Attachment 31994

And another one with her Stetson!!
Attachment 31995
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #55
Jill74
Banned
Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505
I agree.

Jill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:00 AM   #56
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
A new development !
Read about this, because you won't see it on TV !

A man is looking at the camera with a smile and a microphone in hand.
He whispers :
"Hello ladies and gentlemen. You are surely aware that the old controversy was brought back to the general attention following some words by Queen Z.
In order to solve the mystery once and for all, I have decided to go to the heart of the matter.
You now see me at the door of the Queen's office, where I will try to find out more about the situation."

He opens the door, and enters. The point of view follows him in the room.
The reporter disappears a few seconds and we hear the door close.
He then looks around, to determine the best starting point for his search.

Then he hears a voice :
- Jesus is watching you.
Startled, he looks around, but there is nobody but a parrot, near a fish tank.
He then starts his search from the desk.
There is nothing important on the desk, a declaration of war with Down Under with a post-it marked "Just in case", another post-it with the code the QueenDom's nuclear arsenal (42, of course), ...
Then he hears again :
-Jesus is watching you.
This time he's sure, it's the parrot that talked. This stupid animal is going to raise the alarm, talking nonsense like that !
- Shhh
With a nasty look at the parrot, he opens a drawer to continue his search.
A box of sweets, a few pens, a mighty reserve of post-its, nothing really important
- Jesus is watching you
- Aww come on ! Hey parrot, it is you, Jesus ?
- No, I'm not Jesus, I'm Pipelette !
- That's a stupid name for a parrot
- I'm not a parrot ! Jesus's the Stetson.
- With that shade of blue, you sure are a parrot !
From the top of the fish tank comes a sound :
- Norwegian blue, beautiful plumage.
- Aaahh a talking hat !!
- I told you Jesus was the Stetson !
- Hey wait a minute, this is a tank of fish, and here ... a blue ... I know !
The reporter turns to the camera, a big smile on his face.
- I have a very important information, a real scoop ! The blue one next to the fish is a ...
- STOP !
The reporter turns around in the direction of the newcomer's voice.
- A ... a talking sock ??
He faints and drops to the floor.
- That was easy, Hugo
- Indeed, Lefty, but it was a close one and we still have work to do.
- How is that ? He didn't say it, and now he is asleep.
- You know, I have a feeling that people are watching us, which means that he wasn't alone.
- You mean that cameraman over there ?
- Yes, attack !
The socks start bouncing towards the camera, and the image starts to shake.
A lot of confusing movements ensue, culminating when the camera drops to the floor.
The lens is broken, but you still can recognize the shape of a hand lying motionless on the floor.
A woolly shape climbs on it, stands straight to its full height, and declares :
- Victory !!

A paw presses the remote, and the screen turns black.
- My Queen, I am sorry that these reporters could enter your office like that. There will be an investigation to determine the causes of this security breach.
- Make it quick and without delay, I shudder to think about how many state secrets got nearly revealed. The Queendom of Pinwheel would have been in dear trouble !
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #57
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

these reporters, really they have no sense of decency !! unbelievable. invading my private office like that. it's a good thing my entourage is ready for any situation.

um, i mean "no comment."
Old 08-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #58
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
You.... You... You have a speaking Stetson? Does it is a Sorting Stetson ?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #59
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
You.... You... You have a speaking Stetson? Does it is a Sorting Stetson ?
i really don't know what it gets up to in its free time, to be honest. i'd ask it but it's out right now.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #60
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hugo and Lefty, the might of secret service...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote