Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
sweetling
sweetling began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet 7"
Unhappy In Need of Assistance with my new Nook Tablet

I recently misplaced my Nook and had to replace it. I've always used calibre to organize my books and manage transfers and I've never had a problem with it. Very easy and straightforward. However, with this new Nook, I'm having zero success. Six out of the 8 gigs of space that it came with is taken up by apps I'll never use and can't get rid of, but I did have a brand new, in package Samsung 128GB Micro SD card. It gave me an option to format as portable storage, or to format it for Internal storage. I understand that once you format it as internal, that card can never be used for anything else, so I'll probably just use it as portable.
Now that I've tried to load a book via Calibre, I've selected to send it to Main Memory, and it didn't show up in the library, so I removed it from device, and then re-sent it to Storage Card A. Now, it shows up but in order to find it, I have to go into Settingg, select Samsung SD card, select the folder titled "Books" and there it is. It's such a convoluted way to get to my books, and, while its a small thing, I don't get to see the pretty covers.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your time!
sweetling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:23 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
In general on Android tablets if you choose to use the card as internal memory and you someday change your mind you can remove the card and format it and use it for something else. However, you have to back up your tablet before you do that to keep from losing it's contents. You don't lose the ability to re-use your card.

I don't have a Nook tablet but I assume that works the same way.

Like you I usually choose to leave the to use the card as external storage. As media storage it's almost as convenient and if you do want to swap out the card it's a lot more convenient. I don't usually have so many apps on my tablets that I need more internal storage.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
main library, nook tablet, sd card