Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
kato71
kato71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
same as above, and am using a macbook; it's taken a couple of days and managed to get some books onto my Kindle Fire HD, but appearing in docs at the moment…but the only way i have got to this stage was to use my wires toshiba.
grrrr
tempted to send the HD back and get my original fire again.
i'd happily pay for a solution that is simple
kato71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
@ jdunlap

If you have a wireless network and sharing of the library folder is enabled, there is an easy solution to transfer your books. Install ES File Explorer (free) on your Fire. With your host computer on and wifi enabled on the Fire:

Tap on the "LAN" tab, => Menu => New => Scan => An icon with IP address will appear. Simply tap on it, (enter your host computer's password if required) and drives/folders from the host computer will appear for transfer from the computer => Fire.

I use this method routinely on all my devices, from any room in the house with no need to connect with cables. At least this is an alternative until you solve your problem. BTW, ES File Explorer is the best, IMHO, and a must-have app on any Android device.

Of course, you may also move files via the cloud, i.e., Dropbox or Box, but it is more cumbersome.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #18
Kmac99
Kmac99 began at the beginning.

[QUOTE=jdunlap;2373089]I recently got a Kindle Fire HD after my Kindle Keyboard broke. I am back up and running now, so I went to transfer my Calibre library to it with no luck. Calibre is not able to detect my Kindle Fire HD. I have spent the past two days reading up on this problem and have tried every troubleshooting idea that I could find and my husband did as well...to no avail.

I have Xp on the computer that i was using. Once i used calibre (latest one) it saved my work to a folder on my computer. I used the usb cord and was able to drag them over no problems as long as when u calibre them into a MOBI file. Make sure you also change PDOC tag to an EBOK. Or it will not work.
Kmac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
Libros
Libros began at the beginning.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunlap View Post
I recently got a Kindle Fire HD after my Kindle Keyboard broke. I am back up and running now, so I went to transfer my Calibre library to it with no luck. Calibre is not able to detect my Kindle Fire HD. I have spent the past two days reading up on this problem and have tried every troubleshooting idea that I could find and my husband did as well...to no avail.

I tried emailing books to my kindle email address, but then learned that this doesn't work with the my Kindle type.

I read where with Windows XP users, the Kindle Fire HD is not recognized on the computer as a letter drive and I confirmed this is the case. Because of this, we can only transfer books wirelessly, for which I would need the Calibre Companion app. So I got the app, but only to find out that this app does not work with the Kindle Fire HD.

I checked to make sure I have Windows Media Player 11, which I do.

I read the thread back in mid-Sept that Kovid posted about this detection issue and the solution was to enable the beta version in Calibre, which I did using his directions for the plugin tweak. My device was still not recognized. Then I kept reading and saw that this solution was for the older version of Calibre and from what I understand, doesn't work with the newer version. I have installed and have been running version 0.9.13 throughout this process.

I am just totally lost and frustrated because I have all of these awesome books just sitting there waiting for me to read and I can't get them on my stinking Kindle! I never had a single issue putting them on my Kindle Keyboard. HELP PLEASE!

I feel your pain ..lady ......... i too have a great collection... but i cannot get the books on to my Kindle via USB or wireless... only e-mail ...that that forces the books to be put on the documents area instead of the e-books area ....any way i sure hope some one hears our cry and gets a fix going soon ...
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
I feel your pain ..lady ......... i too have a great collection... but i cannot get the books on to my Kindle via USB or wireless... only e-mail ...that that forces the books to be put on the documents area instead of the e-books area ....any way i sure hope some one hears our cry and gets a fix going soon ...
There is nothing to *fix* in Calibre.

Complain to the company that declared that all things NOT sold by us are 'Personal Docs'.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #21
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
try converting the books to azw3 format with Calibre. Then transfer to your books folder.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
Libros

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is nothing to *fix* in Calibre.

Complain to the company that declared that all things NOT sold by us are 'Personal Docs'.
well from what i have read in these forums ..it seems people once upon a time were able to use the kindle and put books on the books section of the reader
Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #23
Libros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
try converting the books to azw3 format with Calibre. Then transfer to your books folder.
the problem is that i am unable to get caliber to detect my new kindle ....