Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #46
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Xerxes: which version of firmware do you have loaded?
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:03 AM   #47
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
And after cutting it off for the past couple of days; then on to read about 20 pages, I'm now at 1 bar. Just wow. My mom is still going from the initial charge on the EZ Reader. The Pro is just getting out classed here. My battery has to be busted.
Did you install the firmware from halfway october? I had exactly the same problem on my Mini and it was solved once I updated the firmware on monday. It's friday, I have forgotten to even lock the device several times, and it's still full. Last week, it was empty within 3 days.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #48
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
It says V2.02ASTAK.090907. I updated it to the one on the website When I got it a few weeks ago. O_o
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #49
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
It says V2.02ASTAK.090907. I updated it to the one on the website When I got it a few weeks ago. O_o
Ah. I'm not surprised you're having battery trouble then. Astak has not yet gotten the new build from Jinke up on their site (which supposedly fixes the battery problem).

With the latest Jinke build, I'm now at 3 1/2 days with the SD card IN, and I'm still at 4 bars. I highly recommend burning this version of the firmware, as it certainly seems to have fixed the battery problem. You can find a copy of it on my web page at:

http://www.kaser.com/ebooks.html

It's the file called: v5setup_202EN091015jinke.zip
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #50
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post

It's the file called: v5setup_202EN091015jinke.zip
Got it. I am however, currently trying the very latest BeBook firmware, which I am certain must be the re-logo'd version of the same new one from Jinke.

I'll see how it goes, then maybe switch to Astak's when they release it.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #51
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I installed the Jinke firmware yesterday. Since receiving the unit on Wednesday, I charged it for 10 hours and started reading Xanth Book 4 ,about 50 pages into it, I now show 1 bar. However, the unit has yet to go through its quad-cycle charging, so i am not worried.

I'll read until I get to one bar, read a bit more, then fully charge it, and do this about 4 times. Hopefully by then, I'll have a charge which lasts 6 months of solid reading and music listening!!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #52
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
I just put the BeBook mini fw on here. We shall see how that goes.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #53
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
For trouble firmware, you may notice the LED flashing sometimes when unused. New BeBookmini Firmware testing for 48 Hrs. still Full bar.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote