Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-17-2021, 10:27 PM   #16
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I mean, 3x5 at 300 dpi is 900x1500. My Pixel 4a's 12mp camera shoots at like 3000x4000, which is more than capable.

(That said, it's not the megapixels, it's how you use them.)
Thanks so much for clarifying! I didn't know that you just multiply inches by dpi! Yes I agree it's how you use the megapixels! I should be able to use my Pixel 3 for this particular project. In addition, I'm going to be studying more and see about getting a point and shoot camera for other projects.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #17
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Nope. My iPhone SE2 takes better pictures than either our Sony DSC-S600 (2006) and Sony DSC-S2100 (2010).

Maybe the Canon Elf series and newer point-and-shoots are better. However, I found the iPhone 6s and newer cameras to be a better and more convenient alternative to our old Sonys.
Convenience trumps everything for me. I have an old Lumix5(?) or something that I’m sure still beats the newest iPhone, not sure about the ever so slightly newer Nikon Coolpix. But the chances of my digging out either one, charging the battery, digging out an sd card AND then lugging it around in case I should want to take a photograph are absolutely nil.

We do family calendars every year and smartphone photos are typically not high enough quality for a full A4 page. But the majority of photos everyone takes are on their phones, once we group several on a page the quality is quite acceptable and we have a great selection to choose from.

I’ve never believed the camera quality rivals that of my photographer family member’s gear BUT it will be an improvement on my current phone and that’s mainly what I care about.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert