Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
canezila
Edge User

good times with emerie O:-) and a question

I am loving the update. Better keyboard 8 and xscope broser , Amazon mp3 cloud player and cloud drive .... winamp and songbird players are outstanding ! And adobe reader ..... so I am a happy camper ....

One problem I am having, which I wonder if others are having as well, deals with installing apks. Some apks try to install but I get a message saying it "didn't install " but not anything else. I really think it has to do with my sdcard and running without it and then trying to get it synced up with the edge again ...I think I need to find out if there is a way to erase or reformat and start fresh but with the 2.2 version.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canezila View Post
I think I need to find out if there is a way to erase or reformat and start fresh but with the 2.2 version.
Search the enTourage Support database for "Ermine" and follow the instructions for going back to a clean Dingo version, after which you can upgrade to Ermine "fresh".

Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
canezila
Edge User

Also, I try to move apks to the sdcard but that fails everytime. Things are on the card but it acts weird. Apps are only stored internally. Could it be my sdcard? I tried using other sdcards but got the same result.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
canezila
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Search the enTourage Support database for "Ermine" and follow the instructions for going back to a clean Dingo version, after which you can upgrade to Ermine "fresh".
Ok. I will do that. Thanks.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Also, I try to move apks to the sdcard but that fails everytime. Things are on the card but it acts weird. Apps are only stored internally. Could it be my sdcard? I tried using other sdcards but got the same result.
This feature doesn't seem to work with the Ermine beta. Other users have reported the same problem.

Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
maspears
Edge User

Arrow me too

Quote:
I am loving the update. Better keyboard 8 and xscope broser , Amazon mp3 cloud player and cloud drive .... winamp and songbird players are outstanding ! And adobe reader ..... so I am a happy camper ....

One problem I am having, which I wonder if others are having as well, deals with installing apks. Some apks try to install but I get a message saying it "didn't install " but not anything else. I really think it has to do with my sdcard and running without it and then trying to get it synced up with the edge again ...I think I need to find out if there is a way to erase or reformat and start fresh but with the 2.2 version.
Have the same problem with some apks. i e-mailed Amazon. They gave me a number to call them, have not done so yet. I remember speaking to Amazon customer service and was told that I needed to contact the company of that apks

Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
sunnyone
Edge User

Some application is set to install into SDcard, so it won't work on eDGe.
I've modify some app to force install into internal storage and them work well!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
borisb
Edge User

Can you share the detailed steps for doing that, sunnyone?